Moto Droid iPhone killer?

Inverted2

The real problem, and reason this won't be an "iPhone killer" is the app store. Until a competitor can develop an app store to compete with Apple's, there is always going to be a compelling reason to get an iPhone, even if the screen may not be as big, or the camera isn't as powerful, or the keyboard isn't as good, etc etc.

I agree with that but only to a degree. Android market is great, they have alot of the same apps as iphone. Obviously different titles, but in terms of functionality they're the same. What i understand is apple has amazing advertising and a lot of their apps get their own little commercials. So of course any android users or potential customers wouldn't have a clue if the android phones can support those apps as well, unless told through word of mouth. Plus the fact so many large banking companies offer mobile banking with the iphone. iphone has alot of "support". All the android needs is time.

Edited by TropicalPreist

Whats with everyone trying to kill the IPhone these days like a giant match of everyone get Benny.

And no one can come up with something original or really all that much better says the man with a palm pre.

Competitors will always try to take down the market leader. Name an industry/market...it happens everywhere.

I have a comparable application on my touch pro to anything on the iphone. There are few pointless apps that I can't get, but I don't mind because they are pointless. (one that comes to mind is the "I am Tpain" or whatever it's called) I don't mind missing out on apps like that, I just want apps with a purpose and I have them. I'd only take the Iphone over my phone from the hardware aspect, htc has been using the same tired crappy processor in their phones for generations (even the Touch Pro 2 uses the same damn CPU at the same damn clock speed). I will upgrade when they release a touch pro version of the htc leo (which is very similar to the droid, except it's processor runs at 1ghz)

Luckily I can upgrade to the Touch Pro 2 from my touch pro for free, and I probably will soon. Since i hear the battery life is better even though the screen is bigger

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I have a comparable application on my touch pro to anything on the iphone. There are few pointless apps that I can't get, but I don't mind because they are pointless. (one that comes to mind is the "I am Tpain" or whatever it's called) I don't mind missing out on apps like that, I just want apps with a purpose and I have them. I'd only take the Iphone over my phone from the hardware aspect, htc has been using the same tired crappy processor in their phones for generations (even the Touch Pro 2 uses the same damn CPU at the same damn clock speed). I will upgrade when they release a touch pro version of the htc leo (which is very similar to the droid, except it's processor runs at 1ghz)

Luckily I can upgrade to the Touch Pro 2 from my touch pro for free, and I probably will soon. Since i hear the battery life is better even though the screen is bigger

You don't like the Hero?

I have had my iPhone 3g for about a year and half now and I am really getting sick of it so it is possible. The android OS seems to offer better user experience sure Apple has the app store but the phone its self lacks the core features. Android is going to integrate social networks such as Facebook and others into its contacts list in real time. If apple were to let the device roam free there would be no other need for other devices.

I agree with that but only to a degree. Android market is great, they have alot of the same apps as iphone. Obviously different titles, but in terms of functionality they're the same. What i understand is apple has amazing advertising and a lot of their apps get their own little commercials. So of course any android users or potential customers wouldn't have a clue if the android phones can support those apps as well, unless told through word of mouth. Plus the fact so many large banking companies offer mobile banking with the iphone. iphone has alot of "support". All the android needs is time.

That and the iPhone is the cool thing to have.

You don't like the Hero?

I like the hero but I don't see it being worlds better than my touch pro since it's still that same darn 528mhz processor. Plus I'd want to demo android in the sprint store before I'd ever dive into it, windows mobile is awesome, it just needs phones with better hardware.

Touch pro's specs

hero's specs

The stupid "528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201A ARM11 processor" will plague all htc devices until the 1ghz snapdragon debuts

Edited by IVIYTH0S

:withstupid:

I was really impressed with the Hero promotional videos a few months back. However, once it came out and I saw it in action, it was disappointing. The slow processor really holds back a potentially impressive device. The OS was simply too sluggish for it to compete with the iPhone, despite it being far more functional. Hence why I'm looking forward to an Android phone that comes with a faster processor. I'm thinking there will be many more options available come summer 2010 when my contract is up.

• 2 weeks later...
The stupid "528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201A ARM11 processor" will plague all htc devices until the 1ghz snapdragon debuts

This post is probably relevant to your interests.... Too bad for you its on Verizon.

This impresses me more then a moto droid....

HTC Passion

DO WANT.

Edited by Compxpert

This post is probably relevant to your interests.... Too bad for you its on Verizon.

This impresses me more then a moto droid....

HTC Passion

DO WANT.

ya that has the same processor as the Leo (Which runs windows)

htc-leo_1.jpg

DO WANT x2 (though I'd wait for one with a full hardware keyboard)