Cutting Case's & Other Q's

Ok her is my question what is the best tool to use when cuttingon the case ( antec sx835ii ) i am using a dremel var speed up to 30K now the next 60 million dollar question is whats the best attachemnt for like cutting the main shell so to speak want to mod a blow hole to the top of the case and man i used the cutting wheel to do my window and it took me almost near 2 days and 20 cutting wheels. ummm somehting wrong There anyway also ..... i have read many things on paining cases whats the best paint to use other then Automotive coating that is used in body shops ( have access to a booth just no time on my hands ) ???

I know this is noob questions but if ya dont ask you will never know ..

:withstupid:

Stupid would be me ...

Was Trained as a marine not a computer Geek.

My Case Mod So far

It took you two days? I used cutting wheels to put a window in, and it took an hour and a half. I can do a fan hole in an hour. To do one of each, I used 6 cutoff wheels. Are you sure you're not going against the dremel's spin? That can really slow down cutting speed, and break the cutoff wheels.

It took you two days? I used cutting wheels to put a window in, and it took an hour and a half. I can do a fan hole in an hour. To do one of each, I used 6 cutoff wheels. Are you sure you're not going against the dremel's spin? That can really slow down cutting speed, and break the cutoff wheels.

you know what i might have been going against the direction your rite .... good point as i siad before i am a noob at this

I cut holes for fans in the top and side of my case using an 83mm hole-saw. It cost $14 from Lowes, but you could probably find one cheaper. It took me about 10-seconds to actually cut the hole and then a couple minutes to drill holes to attach the fan. That mod has dropped my temps 6-8 degrees C. I put a 6000 rpm thermaltake smart case fan on top as an exhaust and luckily it has a manual control because it is super loud over 2500 rpms, but it moves a TON of air!

Ok i have figured out what not to use when cutting on a case.... was modding a fan hole on a case the other nite and i had a kick back on a holesaw and it hit me in the belly costing me 21 stiches ..... remind me not to use that again !

Edited by KiLZo