my laptop after 12 hours of folding

actionstan

well your on a laptop. My friends laptop when its on load it hits 108C in the core and like 120C on the gpu. Laptops are made for high temps but not for a long time. My friends laptop was on load for like 3 hours and it melted the cpu fan and killed the laptop.

I know that Core 2 duo Mobile processors are rated for up to 100C, so this doesn't really surprise me. What is more likely to kill it is the northbridge overheating, I had a crappy hp laptop that the northbridge always overheated on.

96 with no overtemp alarm, shutdown, or throttling?

Jesus. :lol:

thats the weird thing its shut down because of overheating... but im surprised it didnt shut down then i was like wow. What do you guys think i should do i mean the laptop was bought in 2007 and is way out of warranty ive opened it before should i clean the fan, clean the heatsink, apply AS5 to the heatsinks? because thats what i was thinking about doing, and generally i used the laptop for school work and nothing else since i got my desktop.

<-- Has come to the conclusion that Actionstans laptop can't run fast enough or produce enough heat to commit suicide... ROFL. Thats sad.

well it is a 3 year old laptop.. and it did generate enough heat to scare the . out of me, its the laptop in my sig does good enough to type on Microsoft office and watch the occasional movie.