Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

I am going to have to go back later. I don't think I am strong enough. I barely do any damage before I die.

Try it again at level 10-12. I tried it at like level 8, but could only get her down to 25%. Came back like level 10-12 and beat her the first try.

@ Computation

You view the automated screenshots here: http://social.bioware.com (log into your account)

hey how do I view dragonage origins screenshots?

I'm not on my PC with DAO right now, so can't give you the exact path, but if you're in Vista, go to your Users folder and you should see one for Dragon Age, and inside there is a screenshots directory. If you can't find it, let me know, and I'll get the exact path when I get home later today.

I believe I'll need to be taking a break from Dragon Age for the next couple of weeks until I can get all my homework and papers written for my classes. I've been on vacation this week so I haven't played it since Monday, but I won't be playing it for a while now haha. I may do it some once I've gotten a few papers written, kind of like a reward, but then I'll go back and get more work done. Damn you Bioware for making another addicting game!

On a side note, I got to the dwarves recently and I believe I'm halfway done with the main quest there lol.

I did mages, then humans, and now dwarves and then I'll finish up with the elves. I just got Oghren and got a little bit into Caridin's Cross, but not that far into it. Had to leave for vacation. :P

I can honestly say there hasn't been a game since Diablo 2 that has made me want to get up at 1 in the morning turn the computer back on a play some more.

:lol:

I've been pissed because I haven't had a chance to play all week. I'm in withdrawal!

:lol:

I've been pissed because I haven't had a chance to play all week. I'm in withdrawal!

Sometimes 5 or 6 hours go by and I don't even realize it. Awesome game. Bioware really has thier s*** together.

I can honestly say there hasn't been a game since Diablo 2 that has made me want to get up at 1 in the morning turn the computer back on a play some more.
Its a pretty good game but it will never fill the viod that not playing DII has caused me.

Not even in the same league, it looks awesome, the action is awesome, the gameplay is awesome but its just not "great"...

Its a pretty good game but it will never fill the viod that not playing DII has caused me.

Not even in the same league, it looks awesome, the action is awesome, the gameplay is awesome but its just not "great"...

D2 is popular and addictive because of it's random loot and area generation, providing limitless replayability. However, as far as gameplay, story, graphics, voice acting, depth, strategy, etc., DAO far surpasses D2.

They're two completely different beasts. I never understood why people try to compare D2 to traditional RPGs. And in theory, it's not even the best Action-RPG. Titan Quest is way better, however, D2 was groundbreaking and people are stubborn. It's like how there are still people that play CS 1.6 instead of CS:S. CS:S is far superior, but they can't accept change.

D2 is popular and addictive because of it's random loot and area generation, providing limitless replayability. However, as far as gameplay, story, graphics, voice acting, depth, strategy, etc., DAO far surpasses D2.

They're two completely different beasts. I never understood why people try to compare D2 to traditional RPGs. And in theory, it's not even the best Action-RPG. Titan Quest is way better, however, D2 was groundbreaking and people are stubborn. It's like how there are still people that play CS 1.6 instead of CS:S. CS:S is far superior, but they can't accept change.

Well said. I gauge games on how they stand up to time. I think DAO has that quality. There is no doubt I will play this over again with every combination I can. I beat D2 with every character at least twice. And now that games are coming out with DLC it is even easier to keep the game going.

I agree, different style of game entirely obviously.

I dunno, the game looks awesome but I'm not one to be "woo'd" by graphics and the story so far has been "tolerable" at best being that there aren't many new things going on.

(overlooking the shade)

It is a very good game and being that it is the only game that I have played that has come out in 2009 I can say that its the best, however I just don't find it to be THAT great of a game.

I'll go play it now though...

:P