Is there a 'best' webbrowser?

Jiv

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here Phil. I cannot find a way to set my homepage. I do not like sidebars and I can't find a way to disable it. I do not like big icons in the navigation toolbar and there is no easy way to reduce them in size. Speed? My FF is just as fast. I will mess with it for a few days then uninstall it.

Lunascape is alright. I like Lunascape. It has a great concept behind it and everything, but FF just has the addon support that I like a lot. I really don't think anything will take the place of FF for me.

Firefox + IETabs is all you need. That lunascape thing seems neat, but the point of Chrome is it's speed; and with multiple browsers all jumbled together you're not going to get the speed of chrome. There's no point to safari, so that leaves IE and FF again. So really, you just need Firefox and IETabs :)

Lunascape is alright. I like Lunascape. It has a great concept behind it and everything, but FF just has the addon support that I like a lot. I really don't think anything will take the place of FF for me.

All of the add ons for lunascape are in Japanese only...

Well, basically I've just been told that anyone with sense would use firefox.

Personally I've been using Chrome, Safari for a while. What do you guys think about these browsers? Alot of people claim that Firefox is more secure, yet in here they claim Chrome was more secure.

I'd like a fast browser but no at the expense of security. What would you guys use and why?

I am very happy with IE8. I don't see a need to go elsewhere at this point.

Soon as Firefox on my system stops eating up a ton of memory resources, I'll be happier with it.

I mostly use Opera though, I have been for years and I see no reason to use anything else. Well, except for the sites that don't play well with it, so in those cases I use Firefox. And yes, I have them both running at the same time. :P Safari and Chrome are my backups or when I don't feel like waiting for all my tabs to open fully. Though Chrome on my laptop does not play well for some reason, keeps me giving me errors that pages aren't responding. I switched to Opera on that and no problems so far. I use IE very sparingly, mostly whenever EA Download Manager needs the latest Flash update, which for some reason they require it to be done through IE.

I just found another one that seems pretty good so far. It is like Chrome only the spy ware has been removed. It is called SRWare Iron. Have been using for a few days and it is real fast. It will take a little time to customize it the way I want but its looking good so far. The link is here