Anyone tried Moblin yet?

Zertz

Just wondering, has anyone here tried Moblin yet?

I'm downloading it at the moment and will be installing it on my Eee 1000H.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Using a live image from a USB drive now.

Boots within seconds (really, it does!) and it"s very snappy! Everything works out of the box : WiFi, LAN, Bluetooth, Flash, etc.

The interface is smartphone-ish and it seems like it is very welll suited for a touchscreen.

Looks great so far! :)

Edit : Chrome (the default browser) has the annoying tendency to crash every now and then. Installed Firefox and everything"s fine

Edited by Zertz

I have Windows 7 on my EeePC 900A and don't really see the need to install anything else. As much as I love Linux I see no reason for the general consumer to use it. Installing software is a pain, compatibility is a joke, and security is laughable.

Well based on the videos it doesn't look like you'll be doing much installing as you'll be using the preloaded applications. By compatibility I presume you mean hardware, which I'll agree with. However, I'm not sure why you state that security is laughable on a Linux system. Last I checked, Linux was a fairly secure OS.

I have Windows 7 on my EeePC 900A and don't really see the need to install anything else. As much as I love Linux I see no reason for the general consumer to use it. Installing software is a pain, compatibility is a joke, and security is laughable.

:withstupid:

I don't know about security but I'd have to agree about it's a pain to install software and compatibly isn't that good plus if something goes wrong trouble shooting isn't the easiest thing to do on Linux.

Linux is great once or if you know how to use it but it is pretty complicated for an average joe to use.

I would usually agree, but Moblin is very easy to use. The application installer is easier to use than Windows (single-click download+install). Everything worked out of the box. Security? Meh, who knows. I'm running a live install so it doesn't really matter anyway.

No luck so far, I'm trying another method of flashing my USB drive with the image.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, will this even work with a desktop?

:P

Not designed to run on a desktop, but it should work

Did you follow the instructions? It doesn't get much easier than that lol