card for physics

unknownuser200

You're wrong, the ECS he listed is a 9800gt which can provide physics he wants.

Can he go with an 8800gt sure, but he didn't ask for that, sorry for

staying on topic and answering his question :rolleyes:

they're the same thing. except my way nvidia doesn't get what they want

truth be told i just want a very quiet air system and still have alot of punch. being this has an artic cooler on it. it should stay quiet. overkill yes... but each to there own right. lol then again i just spend 200$ on 120 mm fans (all noiseblocker fans) though i could always get the 8800 and buy an l2 pro cooler and get the same effect.. choices choices lol

truth be told i just want a very quiet air system and still have alot of punch. being this has an artic cooler on it. it should stay quiet. overkill yes... but each to there own right. lol then again i just spend 200$ on 120 mm fans (all noiseblocker fans) though i could always get the 8800 and buy an l2 pro cooler and get the same effect.. choices choices lol

ya I mean look at the post I made in the other very similar thread to this

the gts 250 wouldn't perform appreciably better than an 8800gt, it only has 16 less shader cores which I believe are what determine how strong an nvidia card is. the 8800GTS is something worth considering over an 8800GT if you can find one.

An 8800GTS is a 9800GTX (the 9800 has a 25mhz increase in core speed, 100mhz on memory and 63mhz on shader core), and a 9800GTX+ is a 55nm 9800GTX with a 63mhz increase in core clock and 148mhz increase in shader, but they have the same performance when clocked identically (power consumption and heat output too). The GTS 250 is just a renamed 9800GTX+ outright, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone if they can still get their hands on a GTX+. Any decent OCC'r should just get an 8800GTS if they don't see the 8800GT as enough but the 8800GTS can become a 250GTS with not too much effort I'd imagine, even less so from a 9800GTX

Look for yourself

8series

9800GTX

9800GTX+

250 GTS

here's a link to the 9800GT

just schemes...I mean things to think about

Edited by IVIYTH0S

You know that the 8800GT is the ssme card as the 9800GT right? as is a 8800GTS (512mb) is the same as a 9800GTX (which is just as strong as a 9800GTX+/250GTS)

yeah lol i agree with ivi, they're just re-branded models.

might as well get a cheap 8800 from somewhere