4870 vs 260GTX

OrangeJuice

god dam sellers , i remember when i was new to the pc world and was going to get ati card i did not now what are they and some one told me they are better than nvidia`s , so i went to get 2900xt i found power color and sapphire , i asked they guy , which is better power color or sapphire , he said of course power color it is better than asus and gigabyte , i took what he said and power color suck , and the fan died after 4 weeks i did not overclock it all i did was increasing the speed and it died from that ................till now power color is not on my list when getting ati card although there are few cards they made which seem to be good .............sellers are....................( can not write bad words )......:)

Did you get the card RMA'd?? It may not be a problem with PowerColor that the fan died could have just been a bad fan. These things happen, if it was in warranty than you'd have a free replacement

You sir, use a lot of periods in your writing :P

I already knew about the 216 core but thanks for the heads up anyways. The 4890 is interesting but I'll pass.

just thought I'd offer since that since it'd be cheaper than the 260 and better

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Did you get the card RMA'd?? It may not be a problem with PowerColor that the fan died could have just been a bad fan. These things happen, if it was in warranty than you'd have a free replacement

well , it is in warranty but they thought i overclocked the card and they told we can fix it for you but you will pay as if you are buying a new card :angry2: ,

they are ...........( can not say words again ) , any way power color is not in my list any more , and i will not put in my list .......

i always say that HIS , Sapphire are the best in ATI world

and , EVGA , XFX (before joining ATI ) are the best in nvidia world

note i did not include : asus , gigabyte , msi .. because they make ATI and nvidia cards , but their cards are very very good

get a 2nd 8800GT? I ran two of them in SLi before and the performance was pretty good [Crysis on medium-high settings]. You can get 8800GT's for less than $100 on eBay

*edit - looked up your mobo and saw that it isn't an SLi board so my idea is out unless you sell your mobo and buy a different one :P

2x 8800GT =/= the performance of a single 4870. Not by a long shot.

well , it is in warranty but they thought i overclocked the card and they told we can fix it for you but you will pay as if you are buying a new card :angry2: ,

they are ...........( can not say words again ) , any way power color is not in my list any more , and i will not put in my list .......

i always say that HIS , Sapphire are the best in ATI world

and , EVGA , XFX (before joining ATI ) are the best in nvidia world

note i did not include : asus , gigabyte , msi .. because they make ATI and nvidia cards , but their cards are very very good

oh...in that case you have justifiable reasons to hate them!! they sound like real weiners. What kind of excuse is "well you overclocked" when the damn fan broke?? overclock or not the gpu didn't melt down because of user error, it melted down because the fan went. That's complete BS, and if it's still in warranty now. I'd keep at them, you paid good money for that card

oh...in that case you have justifiable reasons to hate them!! they sound like real weiners. What kind of excuse is "well you overclocked" when the damn fan broke?? overclock or not the gpu didn't melt down because of user error, it melted down because the fan went. That's complete BS, and if it's still in warranty now. I'd keep at them, you paid good money for that card

my friend had asus card and he dropped it from 25 meter :D , the card broke i told him give to me and he said ok , i took the fan put in my card and it worked after 3 days of normal / gaming operation i sold my card to him and till now he still has it and it works fine ...

i told him if any thing happens bring it to me and and i will fix it, till this moment he thanks me because if his father new about what he did to his card he would have killed him :D , his system was quite expensive asus x38 , q6600 , liquid cooling , 2 x 2900xt in cf , 1000 w psu , and a very huge case can not remember the name , 26 inch display , very high end stuff at that time .....

Edited by N.E.A