5870 price range

N.E.A

I didn't mean that they overclock well but I was referring to the ability actually do it so since they provide compatible overclocking software, and by extension you could overclock and overvolt if you acquire the same software :thumbs-up:. I'm jsut trying to point ya in the right direction.

I appreciate it. I used that same program for my Asus 4870 and didn't really like it. Used it to set the fan speed back in the day when an external program was needed to increase it.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the record NEA this isn't an AMD/ATI driver issue. The drivers are rivatuner and gpu tool's issue. They could use some support from the red team though. Being that it's release has just happend they all need a little more time to get some driver updates hammered out. I'm sure it's even more difficult when you can't get your hands on the hardware itself. AMD/ATI could do with a driver update to allow higher overclocks with their Catalyst Control Center beyond 900/1300 from the stock 850/1200. You can overclock the card now but just not by much.

ahh , not catalyst driver , ..

It still blows my mind how much ATI is improving from their shady times of the HD2xxx - HD3xxx series. I honestly thought that the HD4xxx was just a lucky ace for them.

Hm? While they didn't have the perfomance crown I can't exactly hate them for being #2. I liked my 2900XT and most people with 3870s liked them too.

Hm? While they didn't have the perfomance crown I can't exactly hate them for being #2. I liked my 2900XT and most people with 3870s liked them too.

QFT

my friend enjoyed spending $300 dollars less than me for his 3870 (compared to my 8800GTX). He ran a higher res than me too. Sure my card was better but not $300 better

I had a pair of 3870s and liked them a lot. Until Crysis came out. Replaced them with a single 4870. That seemed like a quantum leap in performance. Replaced the 4870 with a pair of 4890s and noticed a bit of an increase. Replaced them with a 5870 and plan to add a second. I've been generally happy with all of the ATI cards I've purched in the past 2 years. Previously I had owned a 9800 Pro I believe and it was great for it's time as well. Got at least 2 years out of that card if not more.

I had a pair of 3870s and liked them a lot. Until Crysis came out. Replaced them with a single 4870. That seemed like a quantum leap in performance. Replaced the 4870 with a pair of 4890s and noticed a bit of an increase. Replaced them with a 5870 and plan to add a second. I've been generally happy with all of the ATI cards I've purched in the past 2 years. Previously I had owned a 9800 Pro I believe and it was great for it's time as well. Got at least 2 years out of that card if not more.

9800 Pro's FTW, I sold mine to a friend last year. It's still running strong if I'm not mistaken :thumbs-up:. (the kicker is that it still outperformed my old laptop's 8400M GS in spore lol)