• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i did not notice that :huh: ,

the temp is 127c :lol: :lol: :lol:

He explains that in the comments. It's an error when it's sub-zero temps. Fan speed isn't correct either-no fan on the card.

I'd really like to know how he got CCC to allow such high overclocks.

Looks like it locks CCC overdrive out when it's running. I'll have to set the fan speed to 100% in CCC first, close it out then use AMD's overclock tool to set the core and memory to where I want it. Still it does work. I'll try some 3DMark Vantage runs tonight to see what I can score.

Not sure there could be a 5870x3 :rolleyes: .

I set the core/memory to 1000/1250(didn't try any higher) in AMD GPU Clock Tool. Had to set the fan speed in MSI Afterburner and also bumped the voltage a touch. Overclocking my processor to 4.2Ghz and found my 3DMark Vantage score significantly worse. I scored a little over 21000 where I had scored 24000 previously with 900/1300. I'm a little stumped. I may try setting it to 1000/1300 later and try again. 3DMark 2001SE was also significantly lower. I'm not real concerned over the 2001SE scores but would rather focus on the 2006 and Vantage scores.

Setting the fan speed in CCC does no good. As soon as I exit out it goes to default. MSI afterburner was the fix for the fan speed setting.

I think flashing the cards BIOS is how they are getting CCC to allow higher overclocks. I've never flashed a video card BIOS before and have no idea what that entails or the risks involved. The whole idea of flashing a video card's BIOS scares me a bit. I'd hate to brick $800 worth of video cards.

hey guys :(

i just tried nvidia 191 driver i had 190.38 i was running ok , i installed the 191 and then vista was making a lot of continuous sounds the first was the one when you put usb device

the other was the sound when you remove the device

os was slow very slow and responds to orders badly

now i removed that damn driver and that was downloaded from nvidia site ...:huh: