5870 price range

N.E.A

ok i just read somewhere September 22nd.. and then i October 22nd for the 5870 x2.

If so, i might have to start saving my pennies for the x2

yes the 5870x2 will be released after the 5870 , i think after month or two ,but i hope they get the 5870x2 done right this time

i saw a gtx 285 beating the crap out of 4870x2 :lol:

and it loses in every thing when compared to gtx 295 ,

if ati does this , better drivers , less heat , more performance , good cf result , then there will be no reason to go with nvidia cards if they are priced higher like gtx 280 when released , if they give the same performance as ati , the only thing that may keep nvidia in mind is physx , i know it is not big deal but there are games that need physx ............................................

great battle coming soon , who wins ..?

how the hell are we going to know ................?

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 9800GT will beat pretty much any ATI card in Dead Space...you can't base your choice on one game.

i was talking in general ...................:P

9800 gt can not beat 5870/5850/4890 in dead space at 2560*1600 with AA and every thing else enabled , can it ...? :closedeyes:

i was talking in general ...................:P

9800 gt can not beat 5870/5850/4890 in dead space at 2560*1600 with AA and every thing else enabled , can it ...? :closedeyes:

The 5870 isn't out yet. Dead Space runs like utter crap on pretty much any ATI card.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dead-s...nce,2322-7.html

The 8800GT/9800GT/GTS 250 keep up rather well. :)

Edited by Waco

The 5870 isn't out yet. Dead Space runs like utter crap on pretty much any ATI card.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dead-s...nce,2322-7.html

The 8800GT/9800GT/GTS 250 keep up rather well. :)

yes they are not out yet , but i think dead space will run better on them that 9800/8800 maybe gtx200 will perform better in it but the 8800/'9800 will not ..............:P

not true i get very high fps on dead space maxed out... ill have to check when i get home... but its well over 100 fps

Last I checked Crossfire doesn't work on it at all. I always have vsync on though so I have no idea what my real FPS are on it.

Edited by Waco

yes the 5870x2 will be released after the 5870 , i think after month or two ,but i hope they get the 5870x2 done right this time

i saw a gtx 285 beating the crap out of 4870x2 :lol:

and it loses in every thing when compared to gtx 295 ,

if ati does this , better drivers , less heat , more performance , good cf result , then there will be no reason to go with nvidia cards if they are priced higher like gtx 280 when released , if they give the same performance as ati , the only thing that may keep nvidia in mind is physx , i know it is not big deal but there are games that need physx ............................................

great battle coming soon , who wins ..?

how the hell are we going to know ................?

actually a 4870x2 almost always beats a 285 in cases where physx or nvidia doesn't absolutely take over the developers of the game in question. not to mention the 4870x2 is cheaper than the 285....thus making it a better choice.

Last I checked Crossfire doesn't work on it at all. I always have vsync on though so I have no idea what my real FPS are on it.

ATI cards don't run Dead Space crappy, the game just gives nvidia like 200 extra fps for no reason.

actually a 4870x2 almost always beats a 285 in cases where physx or nvidia doesn't absolutely take over the developers of the game in question. not to mention the 4870x2 is cheaper than the 285....thus making it a better choice.

Don't forget, as long as games support scaling as well. There is so many games out there that don't allow the X2 to scale making it useless at times which is damn annoying.

I played Dead Space with a single 4870 and again with a pair of 4890s smooth and with zero issues.

I never said it was unplayable...but it's pretty much the same speed with a single card or Crossfire. :P

Edited by Waco