fed up/wits end

What CPU cooler are you using and what are your temps under load?

im using a scythe shriken and my temps stay around 50 c... its def not my temps causing it i watch them close with speedfan

but any time i go over 2.65ghz with my processor and i go to start prime95 my computer instantly freezes ive heard of people getting 9750s to 3.0ghz

You have tried bumping your core voltage, right? It should be able to go a lot higher than what it is now, unless you already have a problem keeping the temps down.

the default voltage for my chip is 1.25 the highest i can go is 1.45 i was at 1.40v during the last oc failure i think i was crashing this time because my cheapo rams timings were too tight maybe.. but even at default i still crash

Have you increased the HT voltage or the FSB voltage? Have you attempted to Boost the Northbride Frequency above 2000 MHZ. Whats the CPU Core voltage, If you increased that what Vdda are you running.

If I were you I would Knock down the CPU multiplier to see if that is the FSB max. May not be the chip but could be.

I thought for a more stable overclock you need to keep the HTT frequency below 2000

If your sure that the cpu temps are not the problem, I would set the cpu vcore to 1.4v to 1.45v, then set your ram timings back to 5-5-5-18 T2, (or C2), up your northbridge voltage by one step, and up your DIMM voltage to 1.85v to 1.9v

Then set your FSB so your clock speed is 2.8, and make sure your HTT frequency is below 2000

When you raise the FSB, your HTT frequency goes up as well. You should be able to step it down to just below 2000

Now it's been some time since I've had an AMD cpu!

But these settings should be completely safe.

Your struggle is going to be to find the right combination of settings, while keeping your cpu cool.

Just keep an eye on your temps!

I think you'll find the problem is going to be your memory!

Thats why I'm suggesting to up the DIMM voltage a little.

Keep your timings loose.

Plus up the northbridge voltage a little.

Best of luck to you!

Inteller

Edited by Inteller

ok now i got this far by increasing my voltages by a little and then went to 230 fbs freq and a CRASH :( sigh... any other thoughts? there is something called "coustom p-states" in my overclocking bios.. with some odd stuff that looks over my head but idk if any of u have any idea what its for and if its somthing im missing... my luck is i havent set somthing obvious right... the only problem with the overclock in the pictures.. is that my rams running at 375.. because i lower it to 333 mhz to compensate for the fbs freq increase and my goal is to get everything at least back to normal or higher then ill be happy with my oc.. because i dont wanna lower my sys performance any on a overclock... if i could just get them 25mhz back on the ram id be OVERLY HAPPY but maybe a overclock is just not ment to be (yes i know its a little OCD but thats just me)

post-68444-1251520409_thumb.jpg

post-68444-1251520413_thumb.jpg

Edited by actionstan

i dont think 25mhz will effect the ram that much , 750mhz is what your ram is running at , you could try push your FSB higher 25mhz , what would pull the ram upto the right value.

ok now i got this far by increasing my voltages by a little and then went to 230 fbs freq and a CRASH :( sigh... any other thoughts? there is something called "coustom p-states" in my overclocking bios.. with some odd stuff that looks over my head but idk if any of u have any idea what its for and if its somthing im missing... my luck is i havent set somthing obvious right... the only problem with the overclock in the pictures.. is that my rams running at 375.. because i lower it to 333 mhz to compensate for the fbs freq increase and my goal is to get everything at least back to normal or higher then ill be happy with my oc.. because i dont wanna lower my sys performance any on a overclock... if i could just get them 25mhz back on the ram id be OVERLY HAPPY but maybe a overclock is just not ment to be (yes i know its a little OCD but thats just me)

I might be missing something, but based on your cpuz picture there... your cpu voltage STILL isnt high enough. its still sitting at 1.248 or something.