Successful Overclock!

Enjin

ugh...I got the chip in, but the lowest the temp ran was 37 on one core...the others were 38, 38 and 39...isn't that a little warm even with the factory heatsink?

on my 2.66 I was running at 33s across all the cores =/

And Intel burn test had 3 cores hitting 81 degrees at stock settings when the thermal spec is 71.4 degrees... Think I installed the heatsink wrong or something?

is this the new q9650 you're talking about or the q9400?? what chip 's temps are you referring too??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to try the Corsair H50, and it turned out to be 10X as effective as I thought it would... with the stock cooler I was hitting 82 at 3.25 ghz, but now I am barely breaking 60 at 3.6!(I'm running torture test as I type this)

wow.. eh? If I woulda known how effective a cooling system I could pick up for 100 bucks, I probably woulda listened to you guys and got a chip with a larger X!

O well. 3.6 will do for now.

H50 is a very good cooling product though...super easy install, and very effective.

I decided to try the Corsair H50, and it turned out to be 10X as effective as I thought it would... with the stock cooler I was hitting 82 at 3.25 ghz, but now I am barely breaking 60 at 3.6!(I'm running torture test as I type this)

wow.. eh? If I woulda known how effective a cooling system I could pick up for 100 bucks, I probably woulda listened to you guys and got a chip with a larger X!

O well. 3.6 will do for now.

H50 is a very good cooling product though...super easy install, and very effective.

Nice! keep going ;)

Man I remember being that enthusiastic when I got my 940 BE.... Just wait until I get the Water cooling set-up I am drooling over. Ill be up till about 6 A.M. Overclocking the CRAP out of things.