New Rage trailer

bp9801

Here is an article that IGN just put out to go into more detail about Rage. Its an FPS but with a big driving element, even including races to earn you more cash. It has some light RPG elements, but its mostly a shooter. It is open world as well so you can just do the main story or go out and explore and do whatever you want. It seems really good, I've been following it since it was announced and I'm glad its coming along well so far. Hopefully they announce a release date before long.

It has some light RPG elements, but its mostly a shooter.

Just to clarify why it reminded me of bioshock, the above, as well as the sort of crazyness it seems to contain, like the clowns for example, but mostly it reminds me of fallout 3.

Edited by Deathmineral

Just to clarify why it reminded me of bioshock, the above, as well as the sort of crazyness it seems to contain, like the clowns for example, but mostly it reminds me of fallout 3.

Yeah, to me, its similar to Fallout from the wasteland point of view and the people being "saved" in the Arks and then they reopen later to rebuild society. But still, it seems to have a lot of fps elements with a fair amount of driving, sort of like the later Jak and Daxter games if you remember those. You can upgrade different vehicles and drive in whatever you like, fight raiders and mutants and the like. Hopefully it delivers when it gets released.

It was similar to Crash, I don't want to say the same developer but its possible. The later games, like Jak 2 or 3, had a fairly large driving element in it which reminds me of what has been shown of Rage so far. It still had the same gameplay as a platformer, just it had vehicles and car combat and the like. Hopefully its as fun as that, I use to play those with my brother a lot or just watch him play them.

Ive been following Rage closely since it was announced, and im glad to see its still looking sexy, unlike Borderlands, which was looking great! but then they decided to radically change it 2/3 way through development to give the game a prince of persia look, (and lower the texture resolutions from what i see in the new preveiws <_< ) and im not a fann of the new look :angry2: I doubt i will be buying it unless they ship the game out polished up with super high res textures and a pretty good storyline (which it seems to have) to back it up. All the best of luck to Rage though, Definatly a title i will be buying and FYI people i believe its been in development since before FC2 and fallout 3, also its not quite finished yet, they still need to do some bug testing and round the project off nicely with higher textures for the PC version, so the characters should look better in the final releace ;)

Edited by SenitaL

It was similar to Crash, I don't want to say the same developer but its possible. The later games, like Jak 2 or 3, had a fairly large driving element in it which reminds me of what has been shown of Rage so far. It still had the same gameplay as a platformer, just it had vehicles and car combat and the like. Hopefully its as fun as that, I use to play those with my brother a lot or just watch him play them.

Just out of curiosity I decided to look up crash bandicoot and see if they are still making new one and while I was looking at the wikipedia article for it I went to see what else naughty dog developed and it turns out they also did jak and daxter. Naughty Dog

Edit: Looks like they are also the ones making uncharted, and they seem to have made the only crash games I enjoyed... I think I'm going to have to give jak and daxter a try sometime.

Edited by Deathmineral

Just out of curiosity I decided to look up crash bandicoot and see if they are still making new one and while I was looking at the wikipedia article for it I went to see what else naughty dog developed and it turns out they also did jak and daxter. Naughty Dog

Edit: Looks like they are also the ones making uncharted, and they seem to have made the only crash games I enjoyed... I think I'm going to have to give jak and daxter a try sometime.

Its quite good. I knew Naughty Dog made the Jak line and now Uncharted, I just couldn't remember if they had also made Crash or not. They seem to make some of the better games out there in their genres, so its always nice to see what they can do.

As for Rage, its been in development for ages, they showed the first trailer nearly 2 years ago and they're still slaving away on it. I want to say they started it right after Quake IV, but it could be possible they've been working on it for longer just without telling anyone. Its shaping up to be really great, I'm just hoping they'll announce a release date before long.. knowing id though, it'll be finished in another year or two. :P

Its quite good. I knew Naughty Dog made the Jak line and now Uncharted, I just couldn't remember if they had also made Crash or not. They seem to make some of the better games out there in their genres, so its always nice to see what they can do.

As for Rage, its been in development for ages, they showed the first trailer nearly 2 years ago and they're still slaving away on it. I want to say they started it right after Quake IV, but it could be possible they've been working on it for longer just without telling anyone. Its shaping up to be really great, I'm just hoping they'll announce a release date before long.. knowing id though, it'll be finished in another year or two. :P

What I love about John Carmack is he does't set time frames for his art...When someone asks him "hey when does it release" His reply is always "When it is Done"

What I love about John Carmack is he does't set time frames for his art...When someone asks him "hey when does it release" His reply is always "When it is Done"

Yeah, a few other companies have started doing that but id really pioneered it. When I say that, I mean I'm hoping its far enough along for them to be ready to announce something.. also, why I said knowing them, it'd be another year or two away. I just hope I'll be able to get a new computer by then to fully enjoy it at max settings without having to compromise like I do on a lot of other games. If it launches sometime next year, I think I should be good.