fan controller?

rmb938

Well I bought the vantec tornado fan its a little bit faster then newegg said. It does the job but its loud. When I say loud I mean extremely loud. I thought I would be able to control it using SpeedFan and it turns out I can't because the power is from a 4-pin molex. I found a fan controller that will work but the company doesn't make it anymore so I can't get it. I knew this fan was going to be loud but not this loud.

Specifications of the Vantec Tornado fans:

Model: TD8038H TD9238H

Dimension: 80X80X38 mm 92X92X38 mm

Weight: 175 g 187 g

Rated Voltage: 12V 12V

Rated Power: 9.1 W 12.5 W

Rated Current: 0.76 Amp 1.0 Amp

Fan Speed: 5700 RPM 4800 RPM

Air Flow: 84.1 CFM 119 CFM

Noise: 55.2 dB(A) 56.4 dB(A)

as long as the controller can handle the required power draw (on a single channel) you'll be fine. the vantec nexus controller definitely will, and so will the sunbeam rheobus.

Edited by psycho_terror

It has been documented for like literally 10 years that the tornadoes are LOUD, why would you buy one thinking otherwise?

Did you not believe 100,000 people?

:P

As psycho said just look for a controller that can handle the fan plus a few others as you'll want the ability to add more at some point...

lol well I just needed it for cooling. I knew it was going to be loud so I am not complaining. I was eventually going to get a fan controller anyway so its not a big deal.