Builds System looking to make

Adamsnake

Hi all, below is the system i want to build. I am looking to make it last for a year or so.

Is it going to be ok for gamming?, I may need to change the graphics card but may need to upgrade.

I want to run crysis and far cry on high / mid with good frame rate (lol u here this all the time )

Will the system below do it apart from the graphics card.

Will it support SLI or Crossfire?

Cheers

Adamsnake

PC SPECS

MSI G31 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148371 -

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill dude! The hardware is not gonna run away from you if you take 10 minutes longer to order! I know the feeling when you're twitching the trigger finger, but keep it together!

The PSU is great, case is whatever you want, vid card is fine, but lemme get a shot at the rest. This Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L will make you happier, same as the E7400 instead of the Q8200. Gaming, you want a dual core and higher frequencies if possible. The E7x00 series is a good bang for your buck! Now the memory, a set of OCZ 2x2GB DDR2-800 sticks will again make you happier when gaming.

Price wise, it should work out roughly the same, maybe 10 quid more, but they'll be well worth it!

since

Yes the games i play support more then 1 core (play all types of games).

Yes i do multiple things at one time, game, internet, burn.

Overclock would like to try it out cheers.

I would suggest sticking with the quad core. Whats your budget? The e6600 would be better, but its a little more money. With the price of ram, you should get 4gb too. You said it needs to last 1 year - does that mean you plan to buy a new pc then?

I would suggest sticking with the quad core. Whats your budget? The e6600 would be better, but its a little more money. With the price of ram, you should get 4gb too. You said it needs to last 1 year - does that mean you plan to buy a new pc then?

Why would he need a Quad? :blink: Quads only make sense for bragging rights, folding, or hardcore photoshopping, video editing and rendering! The E6600 is a gazillion years old and is only 65nm, whereas the E7400 is 45nm, therefore runs cooler and uses less electricity.

@Adam, I'd suggest you get the build I outlined in my previous post, as well as the other parts you had listed up the top. But keep in mind that the 400W Corsair will not handle dual 4850s in Crossfire if that is the plan somewhere down the line!