DDR2 or DDR3

PingoPongo

Well i could get a super nice deal. I could get the Asus M4A78T-E & Corsair XMS3 DHX 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) for a bit cheaper than the Asus M4A78-E & Corsair XMS2 DHX... so it would be better to take the DDR3 combo right?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i could get a super nice deal. I could get the Asus M4A78T-E & Corsair XMS3 DHX 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) for a bit cheaper than the Asus M4A78-E & Corsair XMS2 DHX... so it would be better to take the DDR3 combo right?

you'd get the DDR3 system cheaper than the DDR2??? What about non combo deals, I think you may find that DDR2 is still cheaper.

lol :D

Okay so i re-checked it and its not gonna be cheaper - the price difference of the M4A78T-E and M4A78-E is $1.8 (20 EEK)

Non-combo would be more expensive no matter if id take the DDR2 or DDR3 and i would have to pay like an extra $15.7 (174 EEK) for the DDR3.

In total that would make an extra of $17.5 (194 EEK) for the DDR3 system. Its such a small differnce thats its barely noticable.

Well there aren't too many different mobos in any local shop, eg cheaper than the M4A78-E would be ASRock M3A790GXH/128M, wich would save me $18.9 (210 EEK), but that mobo doesn't have a heatsink on the voltage regulators, but i wanna OC my Phenom II to like 3.8GHz or so, wich could kill the voltage regulators.

Edited by PingoPongo

lol :D

Okay so i re-checked it and its not gonna be cheaper - the price difference of the M4A78T-E and M4A78-E is $1.8 (20 EEK)

Non-combo would be more expensive no matter if id take the DDR2 or DDR3 and i would have to pay like an extra $15.7 (174 EEK) for the DDR3.

In total that would make an extra of $17.5 (194 EEK) for the DDR3 system. Its such a small differnce thats its barely noticable.

Well there aren't too many different mobos in any local shop, eg cheaper than the M4A78-E would be ASRock M3A790GXH/128M, wich would save me $18.9 (210 EEK), but that mobo doesn't have a heatsink on the voltage regulators, but i wanna OC my Phenom II to like 3.8GHz or so, wich could kill the voltage regulators.

and those are ddr2 boards right?

The Asus M4A78-E and ASRock M3A790GXH/128M are DDR2, socket AM2+; the Asus M4A78T-E is DDR3, socket AM3.

I figured as such (as I've noticed the "T" usually denotes an AM3 or DDR3 board). I hear good things about the Asrock's for really nice low cost boards, what do Biostars run for ya? does the shop carry them, they seem to be the best quality boards for the lower cost lots

No biostar. Btw i found a shop called pixmania (UK prices are almost identical to the ones on theyr estonian site :O) a min ago, but they only have a biostar X58 mobo.

ASRock makes nice high end mobos like the X58 SuperComputer, but the lower end ones aren't that good and look kinda fishy imo.

EDIT: Some stuff is a bit more expensive and some is a bit cheaper @ pixmania, but i dont have any mates working there.

Edited by PingoPongo

No biostar. Btw i found a shop called pixmania (UK prices are almost identical to the ones on theyr estonian site :O) a min ago, but they only have a biostar X58 mobo.

ASRock makes nice high end mobos like the X58 SuperComputer, but the lower end ones aren't that good and look kinda fishy imo.

EDIT: Some stuff is a bit more expensive and some is a bit cheaper @ pixmania, but i dont have any mates working there.

yeah Idk , I think Foxconn's another lower cost board maker too. (and they looked to be pretty solid too)

I'm thinking if I build an HTPC, I'd be willing to finally buy an Asrock or Foxconn to see how good or bad they are myself (though I love the Biostars, and though I've never used one, they are a HIGHLY respected brand)

Well from all the local stores i only found a Foxconn A7DA-S wich is a 790GX/750 chipset (socket AM2+ & DDR2), but its $22.5 (250 EEK) more than the Asus M4A78T-E...

oh ya, that sounds nice but the point of this is to save money. Scratch that idea as well haha