Pics Of My FANS!

I think that too many fans don't necessarily make a difference. From what I have a tried doing with my case, adding 3 more fans hasn't changed the cpu temp at all.

I believe there is an optimum air flow, that once achieved cannot be improved further since it will not make a difference. And you can achieve that with few fans (3 - 6)

I am yet to have that confirmed though...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, it's all about air flow.... In order for the system to cool down, air has to actually move through the system... to many exaust fans will cause the air to leave faster than it can flow about... Also, exaust fans to close to the intake can result in the hot air being sucked back in, or the cold air being sucked out before it has time to cool the system...

Like high0pan said, it's all about circulation...

wow thats alot of fans, Id be a cool job if all the fans were on the inside of the case. I dont like how they are all sticking out, its really cool and all but Id be really sweet if you put all of those on the inside (and if theres no room you can probably get rid of a couple to put elsewhere) Id like to see the side of someones case that is just a wall of fan grills. Now THAT would be awesome.

But cool mod dude.

its sits at about 51* C for cpu temp, sys temp is about 30*C, i think my temp is messed up cause my Volcano 7 hasnt gone over 2800 RPM

51*C for CPU? You're wasting fans and power.

I have an Athlon 1.2 with (3) 80cm case fans and a Dragon Orb 3 on the CPU and I average 47*C.. 27*C mainboard..

oblius