I don't know a darn thing about Wii (what to buy)

cjloki

This pretty much sums it up.

If she's just interested in Wii Fit, she'd just be better off getting some cheap exercise equipment.

Agreed.

My Wii sits and collects dust only for the rare time I bring it out and play w/ friends and family.

Yeah I chose a 360 over a Wii just because the Wii is more of a party gamer, and sadly no one likes me... :( .

Oh and +1 for having her just get exercise equipment.

Edited by redtigerdragon

Well obviously you have to get the console its self. I also recommend getting Wii play because it comes with a free controller. Get an addition nun chuck because they are sold separately and do not come with the Wii remote. HD cables if you have an HD TV makes the picture look a little better.

As for games I would get

Wii Mario Cart

Wii fit

Super mash brothers brawl

Wii music

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

But I would really recommend talking it over weather you really want to get a Wii or not with your wife before you end up spending $500-$600 in Wii stuff and games for it and then 6 months later find its boring. I got mine last year (took me a while to get it had to do some hunting for it and had to wait an hour outside of CCity on a freezing January day to even get one.) Used it for about a year and know I only use it every once and a while the Buzz of it all kinda wore off. It's great for party's or with a lot of friends but playing by yourself gets boring after a while.