winodws 7 > all others = definite buy

Crawlerz246

:withstupid: never takes long...

I can give you the site where they have every windows imaginable cracked. different XP, vista, even 7 setups. gaming, media, lite, even a crap you, Bill version (which is little more than a picture) but whatever floats you boat.

I could actually download the cracked version, but I don't think I'll actually be doing that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, now that I think about it, RTM is made available prior to the actual sell date, so it'll be out even before it pops up on shelves. That's how it was with XP and with Vista.

the thing that article talks about although it is for a pre-final release, i assume it will work for the final upgrade anyway... or thats just wishful thinking.

to add to these many various questions:

i am running windows 7 RC at the moment and have never had an official OS in my life, however that said and me running the w7 RC and wanting to by the upgrade. if it cannot be done either normal from this RC or with this work around mentioned in the article Crawlerz found, then i don't know what i can do as the only other OS i have around here is the windows XP Superior 64 which as some of you may or may not know is a custom version of windows xp 64bit that has had all the useless crap cut out and been slip streamed to the days.

but if the RC dose not work to upgrade in anyway at all could this version be installed as my OS then upgraded as it is still windows XP essentially anyways. if this wont work alongside the RC not being able to upgrade at all even with the work around then i need to know so as to know which edition to get the full or the upgrade.

Ok for those under a rock for the last few years, there's a trick to installing a clean copy of Vista/7 with an upgrade DVD and nothing else. LEGALLY. If you install Win 7 WITHOUT a product key, it will do a "trial" version of sorts. Once you get to desktop on this "trial" reboot, repeat the install only this time give it your product key and it will work perfectly fine. Microsoft has said they they do not intend to "fix" this problem as it takes much more effort and time. Heck, I think there was even a news post about this a few days ago.

EDIT: Nvm, must have been on another tech site, here's a link to a similar article anyway.

Edited by cchalogamer

ok just to clarify on a clean empty HDD and only a w7 upgrade disc (or Vista as you said) then you can put the OS disc in and do a clean install without a key, following after you then do the windows install again however this time you put in the upgrade key and it works.

by this working is that meaning that an upgrade disc CAN install on a drive or partition that is blank and or has no OS at all?

that's cool as, and no by the way i am not under a rock but have not heard of this... with the news report thing apart from the fact i don't watch the news at all, i am also an Australian so may not be privy to all the news reports or anything else that most of you get, we rock, we suck. its a 50-50 lol.

More or less this work around I THOUGHT was widely known, even the British born "EasyTech" I know from work knows about this and he seems to miss out on a lot of fun news, but yeah all you really need to install & or vista is a DVD with the OS, an upgrade key, a computer and some time.

christ! this is all speculative at best. installing twice? no guerantee it'll work? and spending extra money if it doesn't? pirating's better. no thanks. I got enough registry errors in my life. crooked installations freak me out. no way, man! no way. you won't take me alive, man! down with the establishment!

...and all that.