Conservative state

mikeock

well... your sig does claim you run around with a hatchet, are we supposed to assume you are a friendly person? Seriously though, I find that kind of funny, I knew they thought of themselves like that but I never knew anyone else took their "gang" seriously.

I can't say I'm surprised. I'll just say, um... I don't think very highly of ICP... but to each their own, really. It's just music. But a lot of the imagery associated with ICP (the "Ringmaster", particularly) is just plain ghetto. I mean, an evil clown throwing up a pair of "pitchforks" with his hands? You don't have to know much about gang signs to read into that one. Do you expect people to see a tattoo of a guy running with a hatchet and assume the person is an investment banker? :lol:

I'm not bashing tattoos. I have some and want a LOT more, but you have to be realistic about their social perception, I think. If you want to brand yourself with imagery from a band like ICP, you're going to have to come to grips with the world thinking this sort of stuff about you. I mean I love Pantera's music and I don't think that fact makes me or anyone else a bad person, but I know better than to think I can tattoo "Cowboys From Hell" with a backdrop of flames on myself without negative social connotations. It's sad but true, and also wholly predictable.

Enjoy your tattoo!

I can't say I'm surprised. I'll just say, um... I don't think very highly of ICP... but to each their own, really. It's just music. But a lot of the imagery associated with ICP (the "Ringmaster", particularly) is just plain ghetto. I mean, an evil clown throwing up a pair of "pitchforks" with his hands? You don't have to know much about gang signs to read into that one. Do you expect people to see a tattoo of a guy running with a hatchet and assume the person is an investment banker? :lol:

I'm not bashing tattoos. I have some and want a LOT more, but you have to be realistic about their social perception, I think. If you want to brand yourself with imagery from a band like ICP, you're going to have to come to grips with the world thinking this sort of stuff about you. I mean I love Pantera's music and I don't think that fact makes me or anyone else a bad person, but I know better than to think I can tattoo "Cowboys From Hell" with a backdrop of flames on myself without negative social connotations. It's sad but true, and also wholly predictable.

Enjoy your tattoo!

Lol.

Sadly I work in a proffessional environment so your analogy above is great!

They know that their fans come from all walks of life.

It's not in a highly visible area, but i just thought that was a little ridiculous.

The best part is that they, ICP, do not condone the violence that is done in the name of juggalo's.

there has been many a case where the defendant claimed the music made him due it or he got the idea from there.

That is not what they represent and it's ridiculous that people see what they want and apply it in such asinine ways.

Lol.

Sadly I work in a proffessional environment so your analogy above is great!

They know that their fans come from all walks of life.

It's not in a highly visible area, but i just thought that was a little ridiculous.

The best part is that they, ICP, do not condone the violence that is done in the name of juggalo's.

there has been many a case where the defendant claimed the music made him due it or he got the idea from there.

That is not what they represent and it's ridiculous that people see what they want and apply it in such asinine ways.

I don't think it really matters if ICP condones it or not, if it happens in their name, it can still be pushed on them IMO. Of course I don't really think music is going to make anyone commit a crime they wouldn't have basically done anyway, just maybe in a different situation, or at a different time. Edited by Cyrosis

I don't think it really matters if ICP condones it or not, if it happens in their name, it can still be pushed on them IMO. Of course I don't really think music is going to make anyone commit a crime they wouldn't have basically done anyway, just maybe in a different situation, or at a different time.

That is true, unfortunately, reminds me of the huge violence/. in video games deal that happened several years ago.

That is true, unfortunately, reminds me of the huge violence/. in video games deal that happened several years ago.

ROFL.

Which leads to the question, if you frag does that make you a gang member?

You have a quake tattoo does that mean you are a gang member?

ROFL.

Which leads to the question, if you frag does that make you a gang member?

You have a quake tattoo does that mean you are a gang member?

The difference being, you said yourself crimes have been done in ICP's name. I can't think of any cases involving people that said Quake made them kill someone.

No, but people have claimed Doom influenced them to kill someone.
Yeah, and the media certainly likes to exaggerate those stories too, I still say in both situations the person was already disposed to crime.

:Edit: The way I see it, no ICP song, and no games are making anyone kill anybody, but if the court finds some sort of pattern with people claiming ICP made them kill people, then I see no fault in posting them on a website like this. Maybe it's just these disposed criminals are more likely to listen to music about crime, that doesn't make ICP guilty of anything, but it's still a pattern, or group, that the state can be aware of, and I see no problem with that.

Edited by Cyrosis

Yeah, and the media certainly likes to exaggerate those stories too, I still say in both situations the person was already disposed to crime.

:Edit: The way I see it, no ICP song, and no games are making anyone kill anybody, but if the court finds some sort of pattern with people claiming ICP made them kill people, then I see no fault in posting them on a website like this. Maybe it's just these disposed criminals are more likely to listen to music about crime, that doesn't make ICP guilty of anything, but it's still a pattern, or group, that the state can be aware of, and I see no problem with that.

That i understand.

But what if, you are a fan, and yet, are an upstanding citizen.

You then get a tattoo, that portrays that band.

You get into any trouble, hell it could be a disorderly conduct, dui, anything around here, and they then mark your record as a gang member.

Is this a problem?