Intel 775 cpu cooler

Hey all, im looking at purchasing a 775 cooler for around $60 australian. Here is a link to a webpage with cpu coolers

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...Path=207_23_311

Could u help me pick out the best cooler for high end overclocking? is $60 enough to get a good cooler?

Hey all, im looking at purchasing a 775 cooler for around $60 australian. Here is a link to a webpage with cpu coolers

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...Path=207_23_311

Could u help me pick out the best cooler for high end overclocking? is $60 enough to get a good cooler?

Depends on how much overclocking you are doing, as well as the size of your case etc, for 89 they have the TRUE, which is one of if not the best air cooler on the market with a push/pull setup.

Yes i think it will,keep in mind that the overal cost is higher of a true is higher since you need to add a fan,i recommend two,and most of them need to be lapped.But if you are going to clock an e5200 you dont need a TRUE.(I did 3.6ghz on a e5200 just fine with an AC FREEZER 7 pro which is the cheapo budget cooler)

From the list you posted i would recommend a Xig 1283 or OCZ Vendetta 2.If you can save up a bit than a Noctua NH-U12P or CM V8 or TRUE.

Never owned a true but I find it hard to believe it is the best air cooler.

I think they are all good but a bigger factor would be how big is your case, how good are your wires hidden so it doesn't look like a rat's nest. Do you keep your case on the carpet stuffed under your desk, etc...

You could have an air cooler that Chuck Norris made and it still wouldn't help much.

A lot of factors are present to cancel out " the best cooler on the market".

Also $84 is a lot of money to spend on air cooling specifically without any cooling fans thrown in mix.

Yes i think it will,keep in mind that the overal cost is higher of a true is higher since you need to add a fan,i recommend two,and most of them need to be lapped.But if you are going to clock an e5200 you dont need a TRUE.(I did 3.6ghz on a e5200 just fine with an AC FREEZER 7 pro which is BY FAR THE BESTcheapo budget cooler)

Fixed it for ya! :lol:

Honestly for that price he isn't getting anything better than the freezer 7 pro. The dark Knight is too much, the TRUE is way too much, I've seen the Freezer 7 pro beat OCZ vendettas, he doesn't have a full tower so he needs something midsized.... honestly I would recomend the freezer 7 pro.

Heck, it keeps my E8500 under 70 degrees with 1.4vcore and 4.2ghz... it must be doin' SOMETHING right. ;)

Heck, it keeps my E8500 under 70 degrees with 1.4vcore and 4.2ghz... it must be doin' SOMETHING right. ;)

Seventy degrees!? That's good? Wow, score one for low expectations. :rolleyes:

Personally, if I had to get one from the site you listed under $60, I think I'd get the S1283 with an honorable mention for the 9500.

Fixed it for ya! :lol:

Thanks,in the price range of cheap: YES IT IS THE BEST The "just fine" temps for me on the overclock with freezer were 56 degrees Prime 95 full load...

However it struggles with the Q6600 advanced heating device :lol:

Seventy degrees!? That's good? Wow, score one for low expectations. :rolleyes:

:lol: +1

How far you plan to push the e5200 mentaL!?The Xig is good for 4ghz +

As cheap as it gets-Freezer 7,or spend the 60 for the Xig i think its the best for the price(better than the 9500,9700 is comparable to the Xig)

I didn't see the S-1283 for under his price range, that would be the better choice.

And I don't run my chip that hot btw, I see 60ish degrees under prime at my 4.1ghz OC... I'm just saying that for $36 it cools a massive overclock with what is considered max safe vcore on a 45nm chip. That's pretty good in my book.

thanx guys, im gonna have a look at the coolers you all suggested. Im looking at pushing the e5200 the furthest it will go on my motherboard which apparently is 3.6ghz. i think now its out of the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 or the OCZ Vendetta 2. which one will be better for my needs now and in the future? it must be able to fit in my antec 300 nicely aswell

hi mental i'm in australia and i'm running the ocz vendetta 2 on my q6600.

i gotta say at stock speeds the thing is one of the coolest around. i haven't really attempted OCing yet though but when i pushed it to 3.2ghz it never broke 45C when at full load using OCCT.

i didn't mount my vendetta 2 myself but it has the intel push pins and not a bolt through kit and i've heard of instances of bowing or breaking of motherboards because it is quite heavy and uses the push pins.

also another note is that i'm running my rig inside an antec 1200 full tower and the top of the heat pipes / fan only clears the side pannel by no more than 2cm (rough measurement). given my case width is 21.3cm and yours is 20.5cm it should just fit.

but doing a little reading on the xigmatek they're more or less the same cooler by different companies. same mounting to mobo, same fan mounting, same dimensions, same direct touch heatpipe

i know this probably hasn't been much help. but at the end of the day its your call.