7950 GX2

Hi guys I am new here and this is my first Topic. I own an ASUS EN 7950 GX2 and I opened it up to see what I needed to replace the old Thermal Pads and old Thermal paste but in doing so I wanted to fit in new fans because whenever I tried to play a game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky the GPU would cause high temperatures and my system would lock up. I am wandering what type of thermal pad would fit the ram as it need 1mm thick pads.

I also found an idea but am wanting to know if it is viable:

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/installa...2-spacerkit.pdf

and should I buy this? ( if the option above is viable)

http://www.over-clock.co.uk/acatalog/Swift...GX2_Spacer.html

Any help would really help me.

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Is it true or can I use the same thermal pads?

should be no problem. i fitted a waterblock to a gx2 (point of view) a couple days ago and they were the rubbery kind rather than the fibrous ones, so they are much less likely to be damaged during the installation.

should be no problem. i fitted a waterblock to a gx2 (point of view) a couple days ago and they were the rubbery kind rather than the fibrous ones, so they are much less likely to be damaged during the installation.

So reusing the thermal pads for ram on GFX cards won't affect heat?

So reusing the thermal pads for ram on GFX cards won't affect heat?

i'm not sure anyone can tell you that for sure as graphics cards generally do not provide temperature readings for the ram.

unless you cause serious physical damage to the pads i don't think it will affect ram temperature.

• 1 month later...