Core i7 920 D0

Nuclear

How well does the chip do on air?

I did not test this chip on air, but from what I have it should have no issues up to ~4.3Ghz HT off with a good air-cooler and around ~4.2GHz with HT on.

What are speeds and voltages when run not crippled (HT on)?

Haha, I like how you call it crippled. The performance of this chip even without HT enabled is just jaw dropping. I've tested it at 4.2GHz with 1.325v vcore, 1.275v vtt, and hyperthreading enabled...but I have not tried any higher. I was looking to find the maximum overclock last night, but tonight I will push it with HT enabled and try to get the voltages a little lower :) Find the review for more info.

BTW: A Bloodrage and Classified were shipped this morning. I already own the Classified and it has no trouble going well over 225 bclck so I should have even better results next week. Stay tuned

BTW: A Bloodrage and Classified were shipped this morning. I already own the Classified and it has no trouble going well over 225 bclck so I should have even better results next week. Stay tuned

Let us know which is the better board please... :)

Let us know which is the better board please... :)

I plan on performing a full write-up once the boards arrive. I currently own both boards and making a decision on which is the better board is a hard choice when you factor in all the variables. The Bloodrage is the best board in its price range but only having 3 memory slots really hurts it. The Classified is IMO the best board out but it comes at such a premium price its hard to recommend it over the Bloodrage.

The 3 slots I think is fine with me. I don't need more than 6 gigs of ram anyways. Would there be any benefit to not having those unused extra 3 slots? Less stress maybe?

Edited by Raiderfan001

Haha, I like how you call it crippled. The performance of this chip even without HT enabled is just jaw dropping. I've tested it at 4.2GHz with 1.325v vcore, 1.275v vtt, and hyperthreading enabled...but I have not tried any higher. I was looking to find the maximum overclock last night, but tonight I will push it with HT enabled and try to get the voltages a little lower :) Find the review for more info.

I found the review which is why I asked. All I saw was CPU-Z screenshots and all those had HT disabled. Most all consumer type programs see no advantage when hyperthreading is enabled. But for the programs that make use of it crippled is a good description.