Water cooling suggestion please...

Well...I thought I had decided on a water cooling set-up...but certain factors changed my mind. Now I would like to start from scratch and gather opinions from those of you who are mcuh more experienced than me in this area.

I read through the pinned threads but much of that info on what products (and brands) to choose may be a little (or very) outdated.

So...Please share with me what components you would recommend for water cooling a i7 processor. Trying to get 4Ghz or better and I want a good, reliable cooling system.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the responses! Although I already had theat website I appreciate you posting it anyway.

I want to go custom but I'm really a noob to the whole water cooling thing. I've always used the air coolers (except for one build I did for someone and they wanted a Coolit Domino ALC) but since I want to crank my new i7 up to 4Ghz+ (I hope)...I know I'm going to need something better.

I was actually considering the D-Tek Fuzion 2...But only because an old post said to look at D-Tek products and that's their newest model.

And I don't know anything about Swiftech products. How does their CPU waterblock perform againt the D-Tek?? About the same?!

What thing do I really need to be thinking about when putting all the pieces together for this?

My case is a Cooler Master ATCS 840 (as I mentioned in the build section).

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Venombane

Copie, you'll need another radiator if you're running the GTX 295 with an i7. It would actually be better to run 2 loops if you can afford the second pump.

To the OP: Swiftech and D-Tek are both good companies for water cooling, you'll be happy with either. Make sure you leak test the loop outside of the case.

Copie, you'll need another radiator if you're running the GTX 295 with an i7. It would actually be better to run 2 loops if you can afford the second pump.

To the OP: Swiftech and D-Tek are both good companies for water cooling, you'll be happy with either. Make sure you leak test the loop outside of the case.

yeah its what i thought cheers, with the seperate loops im not overly keen on that idea purely as the logistics and space needed far outstrips the benefits gained with 2 loops, if i go Pump>Res>CPU>Radiator>GPU>Radiator>Pump

What do you think?

yeah its what i thought cheers, with the seperate loops im not overly keen on that idea purely as the logistics and space needed far outstrips the benefits gained with 2 loops, if i go Pump>Res>CPU>Radiator>GPU>Radiator>Pump

What do you think?

i think you'd be better off with res > pump > rad > CPU > rad > gpu

this way when you fill the loop, the pump will draw in water directly from the res which will prevent it from running dry and overheating. also, having the rads directly before the blocks will ensure the water is coolest right before it gets to them, and lessen the heat transfer from the pump. although i doubt the benefit would be huge, every little helps.

i think you'd be better off with res > pump > rad > CPU > rad > gpu

this way when you fill the loop, the pump will draw in water directly from the res which will prevent it from running dry and overheating. also, having the rads directly before the blocks will ensure the water is coolest right before it gets to them, and lessen the heat transfer from the pump. although i doubt the benefit would be huge, every little helps.

priming the pump isnt an issue, as the res will be mounted at the highest point of the case (HAF932) so the fluid will flow into the pump before it is started