Need feedback before I buy...

RaPiDo987

Hey guys!

Hopefully I'll get $$$ to buy my rig tomorrow... :thumbs-up: If I do, what would be the best set up for Video encoding (quad) and 1080p resolution gaming?

set one..

post-65729-1239684101_thumb.jpg

$885

or

set up two

post-65729-1239684604_thumb.jpg

$882

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

Hopefully I'll get $$$ to buy my rig tomorrow... :thumbs-up: If I do, what would be the best set up for Video encoding (quad) and 1080p resolution gaming?

set one..

post-65729-1239684101_thumb.jpg

$885

or

set up two

post-65729-1239684604_thumb.jpg

$882

Thanks

get the one with the 4890 and give me the flash drive :D, though the 4850x2 will be stronger and is barely more expensive (though I also hear the 4890 overclocks like mad) It's such a tough choice, why not get the Sunbeam Core Contact and then you wouldn't have to buy the plate?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

get the one with the 4890 and give me the flash drive :D, though the 4850x2 will be stronger and is barely more expesive (though I also hear the 4890 overclocks like mad) It's such a tough choice, why not get the Sunbeam Core Contact and then you wouldn't have to by the plate?

I haven't heard anyone speak Highly of the Sumbeam cooler...

Edited by RaPiDo987

Set up two would be pretty awesome. Although you could spend a little less on the RAM and get the G Skill Pi Black ones for 14 bucks less. you could probably get away with getting something even cheaper. They don't have mine on there anymore, but I think I got 'em for about 40 bucks.

Other than that, you've got yourself a sweet rig going.

I haven't heard anyone speak Highly of the Sumbeam cooler...

it's a very good cooler for it's price range, check out some reviews on it. Where are you hearing it's bad? (and I agree that Dominators/Reapers are not worth the money, heck even the price reasonable Pi's aren't worth it. Just get a standard set of 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 Gskills that have the regular heatsinks, they are the same as the Pi's and you'll save money.

it's a very good cooler for it's price range, check out some reviews on it. Where are you hearing it's bad? (and I agree that Dominators/Reapers are not worth the money, heck even the price reasonable Pi's aren't worth it. Just get a standard set of 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 Gskills that have the regular heatsinks, they are the same as the Pi's and you'll save money.

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231166

or

Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820104098

no, just clock it that high yourself, why pay 15 dollars more for a 25 more mhz :blink:. If you are willing to spend more just get a GTX 275, otherwise go standard 4890. (and then you could always bios mod it to the XT and sleep soundly at night)

Don't pay extra for a video card overclock. You can probably get a stock one up there anyways. And either of those set ups will be nice. Have fun with them.