how far could i overclock it

Didnt you guys pass physic/pchemistry

Condensation occurs when a very cold item comes in contact or in range of heat, and forms water. So when you take that chip out of the freezer into normal room temp, boom condensation

RTFT. :lol:

Edited by Waco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt you guys pass physic/pchemistry

Condensation occurs when a very cold item comes in contact or in range of heat, and forms water. So when you take that chip out of the freezer into normal room temp, boom condensation

That's why u take it outta the freezer while it's till warm ;) And no, I haven't passed physics/chemistry yet. That's next year.

Ok, ok. If you're worried about condensation when you take it out...bag it first (get a good seal). When you warm it up...with the surrounding air, the relative humidity will drop a lot (just look at a psychrometric chart), and you'll have a much lower chance of condensation :P

Edited by Crazy_Nate

ok thanks everybody. i just finished ordering the final parts i didn't have so i'll let you all know how far i can push it once i get it all built. are there any software based overclocks that work as good as the bios? It would be nice if i could just leave the comp in the freezer and control it over the network through vnc and not turn into a popsicle :blink:

if not whatever ill just do it myself

I think that condensation occurs when hot object enters cold area and vice versa.

So your PC will be cold in the cold freezer but when you turn it on it will start to get hotter and it will eventually condensate.

You don't have to take out your cold PC into a hot room, just turn it off there and wait until it's cold again and take it out no matter if it condensates or not it will be off so it won't short circuit anything (and don't forget to remove the motherboard battery when taking out the PC from the freezer)

P.S. You can use a spray it's called PLASTIK70 or something like that and spray all over the motherboad, it creates a thin layer of plastic and even if the motherboard condensates it won't hurt anything, but be careful when spraying, you souldn't spray on the contacts of the connectors (PCI slots, SATA slots, etc.)

@Everyone: I'm not saying that my theory is correct, but atleast that's what I think, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You should do it! Put it in the freezer and run the hard drives outside. Let it all cool to the temp of the freezer. Then start clocking, but watch the temps. If you start getting towards the freezing point (0C or 32F) shut it down to prevent any ice that may have formed from melting. When you take it out, disconnect all power and remove the battery from your motherboard. Remember to write down your settings because you'll lose them when you pull the battery. Let everything heat up and dry out for a day or so to be safe.

Condensation only occurs when and object is cooler than surrounding air. And here's a psychrometric chart.