Radiator fans...which ones?

Onion

Ok, thanks. Also, what's a good yet affordable fan controller? I don't need an lcd or anything, just something that does at least 4 fans and is reliable.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813999251

I have this controller and it's great.

Also, if you're worried about extending the wires, you could get y-cables to connect all your fans together and then you'd just have to extend one cable to the inside of your case. You could even just solder all the connections together to a single 3-pin or molex connector if you have the means. That would make the extension job much simpler and cleaner.

Also, if you're worried about extending the wires, you could get y-cables to connect all your fans together and then you'd just have to extend one cable to the inside of your case. You could even just solder all the connections together to a single 3-pin or molex connector if you have the means. That would make the extension job much simpler and cleaner.

I read in a review that the knobs feel flimsy. Are they really flimsy?

I have this fan controller and it runs my 5 fans well, no problems.

How long are the extensions that come with this controller?

I read in a review that the knobs feel flimsy. Are they really flimsy?

Not at all. The knobs on mine feel like real metal and I haven't had any problems with them.

i don't know the specific details, but if you connect all the fans to a single channel of the controller, would it be able to handle the load?

It came with 4, one for each channel fan channel, but I doubt they were long enough for your uses. Maybe 18" or so, I'm not entirely sure, but they wouldn't reach very far outside the case. Now maybe if you chained them all together... :)

Really though, I'm not sure any controller is going to include the type of extension you need. That's going to be tricky to find.

It came with 4, one for each channel fan channel, but I doubt they were long enough for your uses. Maybe 18" or so, I'm not entirely sure, but they wouldn't reach very far outside the case. Now maybe if you chained them all together... :)

Really though, I'm not sure any controller is going to include the type of extension you need. That's going to be tricky to find.

18 inches is plenty, the fans I am buying have about 12 inches of wire. 30 should reach from the radiator to the controller...I hope.

i don't know the specific details, but if you connect all the fans to a single channel of the controller, would it be able to handle the load?

Most controllers have about a 30 watt load max. You could maybe hook up 2 low speed yates. I'm putting them all to an individual channel though.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Depends on the fans and on the controller. For example, on the fan controller I listed, the channels dedicated to fans have power draw limitations, but the other two miscellaneous channels have no such limitation. So it would really depend.

If it were me doing this, I'd link all the fans together at the radiator and run one power line back to a molex plug on the PSU.

hey verran, do the lights on that zalman controller stay on all the time? I was looking to buy it to turn fans down at night, but if the lights are glaring, it doesn't really help to minimize the presence of the computer.

sorry for the slight derailment.