Don't Bring Plastic BBs...

To a gun fight. Taken from another forum:

Tonight I was in my room with the window cracked open. I hear some mens voices outside and immediately start wondering where they are coming from. My window is facing the external 3 car garage, so I first check there.

I looked out my window and there were 3 men attempting to get into our external garage, as seen on the map. Literally a second after that I hear "do you have the gun?"

From there, I get my shotgun and think how the heck I am going to do this. As I head downstairs I decide to go out the front door, walk around the house, and surprise them instead of going out the back door where it would be obvious.

As I approach the garage, they were already in it so I did not know what to expect. I get closer to the garage and have my shotgun loaded and ready to go. I get closer and make eye contact with the one guy. It turns out they are younger but I would still say in their early 20s. The one decides to draw what appeared to be a gun on me, but as i look closer it has an orange tip...As the majority of airsoft guns have....At this point it is 12g vs Airsoft pistol....

I immediately pull out my phone, having the shotgun pointed at them while standing in front of the door.

The cops show up, and take these morons.

Lesson of the story? Dont bring a plastic pellet toy to a gun fight.

Map:

map.jpg

Shotgun used:

IMG_2995.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic fail. Even I wouldn't do something that stupid...maybe my paintball gun but it does have a nasty bite if I crank it up all the way. Enough for someone not to be able to aim at me properly.

The orange tip probably saved there lives. If they had removed or painted over it's likely he would have had to make a quick decision weather to shoot them or not and he probably would have gone with saving his live over there's.

The orange tip probably saved there (sic) lives. If they had removed or painted over it's likely he would have had to make a quick decision weather to shoot them or not and he probably would have gone with saving his live over there's.

That's what I was thinking. Walking into a situation where you are outnumbered and you know there is at least one gun means you are probably going to be prepared to shoot if necessary.

Slightly strange that he didn't phone the police before going to confront them?

That's what I was thinking. Walking into a situation where you are outnumbered and you know there is at least one gun means you are probably going to be prepared to shoot if necessary.

I don't understand either why he had to go after them and put his life at risk in the process instead of just grabbing his gun and a phone and either running out of the house to a location were it was safe to make a call or barricading himself in the house and then calling.

Maybe he was trying to protect his family, the police could take 4 mins to get there. In that time, the invaders could have moved from the garage toward the house.

Update from the guy who posted it.

Looking at it the day after, i probably should have done things different, but in a situation like that it is hard to think super rationally. It is over and done with though, I was not shot (if it was a real gun.)

To those asking what was in that garage. When it was broken into the last time, there were about $150,000 in cars in it, along with $30,000 in photography equipment. This time it was just the photography equipment, and my car.

The orange tip probably saved there lives. If they had removed or painted over it's likely he would have had to make a quick decision weather to shoot them or not and he probably would have gone with saving his live over there's.
I think he did the right thing, while he wasn't in danger they were committing a crime by being on his property without permission even morte so with the intent on stealing something...

Why bother?