spazzy computer

I haven't been able to fool around with it since I had to goto work but this morning when i got up my computer was in a reboot loop. So I eventually calmed it down and booted to windows which had windows saying "resuming windows" meaning that it went on hibernate without asking me (which I usually forget to disable whenever I reinstall Windows, and usually has my computer in reboot loops when I wake up).

Though now I cannot run my overclocks anymore, even after i restarted the computer correctly. It will only run stock clocked again. I wish I could stress test it but I can't enable my OC's without it rebooting like 3-4 times and then defaulting my settings. I think it may be my memory settings because it posted for a second after setting my timings to auto but then rebooted and defaulted again. I wasn't sure if this has happened to anyone before.

I haven't been having any other issues with stability for many months, I was going to blame win 7 for any issues that've been occurring but since the computer isn't booting outside of windows than it must be a hardware issue. Maybe my processor is starting to kick it, I'll run some stock speed stress tests when I get home. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Well I have the 4Ghz back but it's definitely memory since I had to auto my timings again <_<. And here I though I was free of the manual timing instability curse lol. My computer seems just as stable/fast as before so whatever, I'll keep the auto timing setting for now (CPU-Z is saying my timings are at 5-7-7-20 right not but everything seems nice and snappy as usualy with the "Turbo" setting still enabled in the bios)

I'm sure you already have - but did you make sure you're feeding the RAM enough voltage to run @ the manual timings?

it's happened to me when I've had to reset to "optimized defaults" and then re-OC I'll forget to adjust the vDIMM

So you absolutely cant set your timings manually, not even to 5-7-7-20?

hmm I can try that I suppose, good idea

I'm sure you already have - but did you make sure you're feeding the RAM enough voltage to run @ the manual timings?

it's happened to me when I've had to reset to "optimized defaults" and then re-OC I'll forget to adjust the vDIMM

nah I'm pretty sure they're at 2.3v (and I think these are 2.1v or 2.2v sticks, and technically they're underclocked since they're only at 1000mhz). I'll double check though, I didn't revert the optimized settings since I updated the bios months ago.

k I set the settings back to optimized, rebooted and then set all my crap back. I found a setting where the system would halt on errors so I disabled that haha. seems to be working fine now :thumbs-up:

Just for future reference, whats the name/location of the setting? (if you answer "BIOS" I'll be insulted :P)

it's in the tab where you change the time and all, with the floppy drive setting and it should be at the bottom. I think it's like "Standard bios settings" it's about the advanced bios settings tab where you'd change drive boot order.