Violence between repo men and car owners rising

Kingfisher

She still left her stuff in her vehicle, with $400+ cash (seriously, why would you EVER carry that much cash unless you're off to buy something from a private party?). Normally we call such things common sense. As I said, I never leave items of value in my vehicle if possible, even at home.

She still left her stuff in her vehicle, with $400+ cash (seriously, why would you EVER carry that much cash unless you're off to buy something from a private party?). Normally we call such things common sense. As I said, I never leave items of value in my vehicle if possible, even at home.

I live in a small town of 16,000-17,000 people. This kind of stuff is uncommon around here. Sure it probably wasn't smart, but as I said, she just went in the get her list and was leaving right away. They must have been waiting to snag her car. I also scolded her for not contacting her bank about the car payments.

She still left her stuff in her vehicle, with $400+ cash (seriously, why would you EVER carry that much cash unless you're off to buy something from a private party?).

I usually have several hundred $ on me. I don't use a credit or debit card and hate writing checks for everything. When the price of gas was high, it took $100 just to gas up my truck. Also, I like to be prepared for unforseen circumstances.

having a policeman accompany a repo man to the job is only going to strain the police force. with the police force already trying to squander you out of your money it'll only lead to higher taxes for more policemen. the world doesn't need more policemen, the world needs smarter people. if you took out a loan to pay for a car, its not your car. a simple issued statement to the repo man authorizing him to seize the property and return it would be appropriate. they should serve this notice as if it were a subpoena and if told to leave the property, they should then come back accompanied by a law enforcer, just like everyone else who is trying to get their stuff from an unwilling party. its not a perfect plan, but its the best we can do. we as people should understand the situation. violence only begets more violence.

Edited by battery