Nuclear's PII 940 Overclocks

Nuclear

Guest ajmatson

I am getting temps around Nuclear as well. Check your thermal paste to make sure it is spread evenly and the heatsink is seated correctly. I am using a Titan Cool Idol and my loads are under 50C when up to 3.9Ghz in a Thermaltake V9.

Nice clocks there also Nuclear.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting temps around Nuclear as well. Check your thermal paste to make sure it is spread evenly and the heatsink is seated correctly. I am using a Titan Cool Idol and my loads are under 50C when up to 3.9Ghz in a Thermaltake V9.

Nice clocks there also Nuclear.

Thanks. I was able to use AOD to run the chip @ 4.1GHz while in Windows...but it wasn't anywhere near stable enough to do anything. It was truly just a Kamikaze run. I've already got a gameplan for when I get home so hopefully I'll be able to post up some 3DMark / stable runs at 4GHz tonight.

Haha...I'm home and just started working on the system again. The results are quite promising and I'm not done yet...

After about 3 minutes of tweaking the NB this is what I came up with:

CPU @ 3.9GHz 19.5x200, NB @ 2GHz, HT @ 1.8GHz, RAM @ 533MHz 5-5-5-15

940_39.jpg

Things were looking so good that I spent another few minutes and came up with this :)

CPU @ 4GHz 20x200, NB @ 2.2GHz, HT @ 2.0GHz, RAM @ 533MHz 5-5-5-15

940_40.jpg

I'm still working so I'll wait until later to post up all the details and I plan to list my exact BIOS settings in case anyone is interested.

wow, way tooooooooo go. i sent ya the results of what you recommended. ill have to pick your brain to make sure i have the memory set right. still unsure, but way to go on the 4.0 .. does overclockersclub send ya on a vacation for 6 months to relieve stress? lol, just a joke, see ya later on

Nice, I'm working on putting a guide together now with all of my BIOS settings, tweaks, how-to, screenshots, etc...

I've found that I definitely need another motherboard so I am going to delay pushing this chip any further until I get my ASUS M4A79 Deluxe in. This little gigabyte does a great job considering its smaller than most footprint but I need a board with 8 phase CPU PWM. At 1.55v I'm getting a vdroop of .5v volts at times which just won't cut it for a Phenom II at these speeds. If I had VDD adjustments I could possibly stabilize it, but that's the one adjustment this board doesn't have. I'm going to sell this board though as its too good to just leave sitting on a shelf.

In the meantime I will attempt to reach my highest NB speeds with the CPU ~3.8GHz so I'll keep this thread updated

Nice, I'm working on putting a guide together now with all of my BIOS settings, tweaks, how-to, screenshots, etc...

I've found that I definitely need another motherboard so I am going to delay pushing this chip any further until I get my ASUS M4A79 Deluxe in. This little gigabyte does a great job considering its smaller than most footprint but I need a board with 8 phase CPU PWM. At 1.55v I'm getting a vdroop of .5v volts at times which just won't cut it for a Phenom II at these speeds. If I had VDD adjustments I could possibly stabilize it, but that's the one adjustment this board doesn't have. I'm going to sell this board though as its too good to just leave sitting on a shelf.

In the meantime I will attempt to reach my highest NB speeds with the CPU ~3.8GHz so I'll keep this thread updated

Wow nice work. Are you on stock cooling? If not what do you use?

Wow nice work. Are you on stock cooling? If not what do you use?

I am using a Scythe Ninja Mini with a single 80MM Scythe fan in a push configuration. The stock cooler can be good up to about 3.6Ghz or 1.45v with adequate case cooling and ventilation. My temps with 1.536v never exceed 48C at load which shows this little cooler is more than capable of handling the heat load.

What CPU are you going to use on the M4A79-T Deluxe?

I will not be using the M4A79-T because that's the AM3 version of the board. The non T M4A79 Deluxe is the board I will be using along with this same 940 BE.

I'm beginning to think my chip just runs a little hotter. I'm hitting ~50C (never really above) with 1.46V.

It's possible, I've seen some chips run in the mid 50s with around 1.45v. This chip runs exceptionally cool and I'm sure that's the reason I can reach such high clocks. Once I get a board with better power regulation at higher volts I could see this chip running 4.1GHz on air through 3DMark and other benchmarks.