my i7 build

Compxpert

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...Number=14119027

Note the ram I already have.

Well critique it for me.... Heck I wish it could be a bit cheaper.... Don't worry I plan to mod the soundcard later down the road too. If you got any suggestions for making it cheaper while still being good I'd like to hear them... I'm not backing off the mobo, proc, vidcards, case, or soundcard but anything else I could.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in store pickup only... I always want to recommend that to people, unless he has a microcenter store nearby. I don't have any around here.

I'd have to drive to longisland. A good 3hr trip from where I'm at I think.

Edit: make that 1hr 45min.... to Phili. :lol: not doing that.

Can anyone else make recommendations or am I kinda stuck at that price?

Edited by Compxpert

I'd have to drive to longisland. A good 3hr trip from where I'm at I think.

Edit: make that 1hr 45min.... to Phili. :lol: not doing that.

Can anyone else make recommendations or am I kinda stuck at that price?

I'd say so , unless you want to check out ebay where one is at $270.99, final price. (he has a high amount of sales and good feedback, so I see no problem in buying from him)

Hey Compxpert, which Mushkin DDR3 did you buy? Do they have them on Newegg?

Didn't buy... I'm pretty sure I saw they have the kit i got.. 6gb (3x 2gb) HP3-12800. If you think about it OCC gave me part of my rig.

Edited by Compxpert

I'm surprised no one said anything about my psu possibly being inadaquate. Only has 2 6-pin PCI-E connectors and its only 700W. I now realize its probably not gonna be enough. Can anyone recommend me a good PSU? IDC about price I just need something that will power this and then some.. maybe 800W to 1000W. I would like a modular PSU but it doesn't have to be.

Edited by Compxpert

I'm surprised no one said anything about my psu possibly being inadaquate. Only has 2 6-pin PCI-E connectors and its only 700W. I now realize its probably not gonna be enough. Can anyone recommend me a good PSU? IDC about price I just need something that will power this and then some.. maybe 800W to 1000W. I would like a modular PSU but it doesn't have to be.

what do you mean ONLY 700W, if it's a good manufacturer than you probably even have too much, i read that a 4ghz i7 920 and two 295s barely broke 600W at the plug (so factor the 80% efficiency in there and you have a good amount of head room there to play with)

if you don't have it yet and want to be absolutely sure it will do everything then get a PC Power and Cooling 750W though the 610W should be adequate

Edited by IVIYTH0S