Oced My Vid Card....

Marne_Aeok

i got a pink screen when playing crysis and it bailed on me. my driver quit workign and reset according to windows popup balloon near clock. what in the fail is happening - my temps while gaming are 64c - getting all temps for cpus and gpu from real temp\

Vanilla: The starting clock speed the normal GTX 260 Core 216 runs at.

Core Clock: 576

Shader Clock: 1242

Memory Clock: 999

turned mine to

FTW: The starting clock speed of the FTW edition of the GTX 260

Core Clock: 670

Shader Clock: 1458

Memory Clock: 1152

i had it higher but it kept on artifacting on me in game (playing crysis 1920x1080 no aa or other bells n whistles - high settings)

i got a pink screen when playing crysis and it bailed on me. my driver quit workign and reset according to windows popup balloon near clock. what in the fail is happening - my temps while gaming are 64c - getting all temps for cpus and gpu from real temp\

Vanilla: The starting clock speed the normal GTX 260 Core 216 runs at.

Core Clock: 576

Shader Clock: 1242

Memory Clock: 999

turned mine to

FTW: The starting clock speed of the FTW edition of the GTX 260

Core Clock: 670

Shader Clock: 1458

Memory Clock: 1152

i had it higher but it kept on artifacting on me in game (playing crysis 1920x1080 no aa or other bells n whistles - high settings)

So it won't run at the stock FTW levels?

I think you are saying you don't have the FTW version and are attempting to make it that fast?

There is a reason why the OCd cards run faster, EVGA, BFG etc pick the better chip revisions and (probably) do speed binning for the GPUs used

An example I know this to be fact is with the BFG 8800GTS OC vs the BFG 8800GTS OC WCE (watercooled edition, comes with DD full cover block)

The air cooled one is an A3 revision chip, which is way better at overclocking, so easier to attain the speed on air, and higher average max overclock. The watercooled one is an A2 revision chip, which can still get decent speeds on water, but has a lower average max overclock. So putting them both on water, the A3 flies ahead to like 729 MHz, the A2 stuck around 670 MHz (the "stock" speed was 550 MHz)

short answer: I think you have the FTL edition

i run vantage and it makes it all the way thru without crashing. is that good enough for a video card OC test? any game i play on steam gives me an hour at most of play time before it just crashes horribly