Advice For Blind User

hairybobby

I have a friend who is blind. She has not got a digital Tv as so many of the buttons are difficult to use. I thought of asking around about the best TV to use. I am thinking especially along the lines of a mini TV handheld thing. This could get freeview stations as we call them in the UK.

A little MP3 type device mnaybe better for a blind person to use as they are often designed to be used withouit looking. I use my MP3 player without looking

Has anyone got a little digital mini tv? What make and model is it? Could it be used by a blind person

You can get universal remotes that have different shaped buttons to make it easier to use based on feel. Also, assuming she's been blind for awhile, she's probably used to going by touch, so after teaching her the placement of the buttons, she could probably pick it up pretty quickly.

I don't think a portable MP3 player is the way to go because a lot of the good players have minimal buttons and are instead driven mostly by menus. One of the simple ones with no screen, like a Shuffle or equivalent, would work though.

You can get universal remotes that have different shaped buttons to make it easier to use based on feel. Also, assuming she's been blind for awhile, she's probably used to going by touch, so after teaching her the placement of the buttons, she could probably pick it up pretty quickly.

I don't think a portable MP3 player is the way to go because a lot of the good players have minimal buttons and are instead driven mostly by menus. One of the simple ones with no screen, like a Shuffle or equivalent, would work though.

+1 on the shuffle, super cheap and simple to use.

and MP3s - I have another phillips mp3 SA4340/02

This is another one which once set up properly just needs a couple of clicks with a button. This button is the only one used... as long as you have got random play selected .. shuffle .. then its ok