Phsyx + Ati?

panjang110

I swear I saw a review where they used a 9600GSO as a physics card and it increased fps compaired to just a gpu by itself. Yeah it was a performance review of that tech demo for that new game. I can't remember what it was called I will have to look for it.

-EDIT- Yeah firing sqaud did a performance review of that tech demo for Cryostatsis, and it increased performance having a dedicated physics gpu. And I misread it it was a 9600GT. It just goes to show that a cheap video card can handle physics better than an expensive cpu.

-EDIT#2- I myself have always wondered if it were possible to run an Ati card and use a Nvidia card as a dedicated physx card. It kinda sucks that you can't do it, but I am pretty sure someone will find a way, hell people found ways to run SLI on motherboards that didn't support it back in the day. So I am pretty sure someone will find a way to do it.

I swear I saw a review where they used a 9600GSO as a physics card and it increased fps compaired to just a gpu by itself. Yeah it was a performance review of that tech demo for that new game. I can't remember what it was called I will have to look for it.

-EDIT- Yeah firing sqaud did a performance review of that tech demo for Cryostatsis, and it increased performance having a dedicated physics gpu. And I misread it it was a 9600GT. It just goes to show that a cheap video card can handle physics better than an expensive cpu.

-EDIT#2- I myself have always wondered if it were possible to run an Ati card and use a Nvidia card as a dedicated physx card. It kinda sucks that you can't do it, but I am pretty sure someone will find a way, hell people found ways to run SLI on motherboards that didn't support it back in the day. So I am pretty sure someone will find a way to do it.

or just buy a good video card that can net good enough frame rates where you don't need the *boost* in frames. especially because video cards are so fat nowadays, if they all were as small as the fx 5200 I just bought for my dad I could see. Physx is never even a consideration when I'm upgrading a graphics component.

It sickens me that I can't mess with more than two of my SATA ports because my video card is so huge <_<

This is all my opinion:

PhysX isn't supported by many games, so it's kind of useless to put in. Even if a large amount of games supported it, you wouldn't need the performance boost with a quad core and dual 4870's. However, don't be discouraged to try if it's something you want to do.