Obama Wants To Delay Dtv Switch

Verran

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i thought you guys would have been one of the first contries to have digital. Down under we have had it for like a year and are now going to introduce another 16 channels sometime this year which will be a nice change from our 5 "ENJOYABLE" channels "COUGH BULL POO"

I don't know where the problem lies for you guys here they introduced HDTV and also kept analog. Why don't you guys just do that seems more senseable to me.

Wow i thought you guys would have been one of the first contries to have digital. Down under we have had it for like a year and are now going to introduce another 16 channels sometime this year which will be a nice change from our 5 "ENJOYABLE" channels "COUGH BULL POO"

I don't know where the problem lies for you guys here they introduced HDTV and also kept analog. Why don't you guys just do that seems more senseable to me.

We have digital. This date is the date where they're going to remove service for analog signals and go to ONLY digital. This saves the stations a lot of effort and money and allows them to focus all their efforts on digital.

Now this is just getting silly. What'd they do, throw some pork in for the Republicans and give it another spin? I'm almost afraid to follow the link and read what's new in this bill.

Apparently the bill is virtually identical - nothing new in it.

Apparently the bill is virtually identical - nothing new in it.

I just got around to reading the story you linked to, and that's what I took away from it as well. At least if they had changed it I would understand why they'd do this, even if I didn't agree. But resubmitting essentially the exact same bill that just got shut down a few days ago seems like an awful waste of taxpayer dollars. I'd think they should have better things to do.

I just got around to reading the story you linked to, and that's what I took away from it as well. At least if they had changed it I would understand why they'd do this, even if I didn't agree. But resubmitting essentially the exact same bill that just got shut down a few days ago seems like an awful waste of taxpayer dollars. I'd think they should have better things to do.

But that's exactly how things in Washington work when one party has a clear numerical advantage in the House of Representatives. Hopefully, the Democrats will continue in their old ways because I have a sneaky feeling that the citizens will not put up with their games anylonger

Anything that keeps them away from that "porkulous" spending bill is a step in the right direction.

Maybe the Louisiana Delegation's Mardi Gras Ball will be giving them something to be distracted about!

That's too bad.

If you still watch TV over the air getting only 3-4 channels it must not be that important to you. Also I don't understand why they are passing out coupons for converter boxes. Based on what I have seen there not that expensive I've seen most cost some ware between $40-$60 dollars.

I think when it comes to this transition there is too much confusion among people when there shouldn't be any at all. I know quite a few people who over the past year or so have thrown out there regular tv and bought HDTVs because they though there tvs hocked up to cable wouldn't work any more. There's probably a lot more people like that who think that on Feb 17 there tvs hocked up to cable will stop working so they complain about it enough and then there forced to move it back.

I still watch tv over the air - there is nothing good on tv so why should I pay some money-gouging corp a monthly fee to have nothing to watch?

You are correct, the converters cost $40-60 and that is what the coupon is good for - this is called a "funded mandate" as opposed to an un-funded mandate. They ran out of coupons because someone somewhere thought only 10% of the country still got 'over the air' tv. I am guessing that a lot of those coupons are in the hands of some unscrupulous dealers who want to finagle the system.