Another Liquid Cooling Problem I Need Help With.

Yea if you start adding full cover video card blocks, northbridge, southbridge mosfet, RAM blocks etc. it can add up quick, a lot of those are not necessary but some people like to cool them anyway. Then if you buy the highest quality parts like thermochill radiator, iwaki pumps yea I can see where $1,000 can easily be spent and then some, however most people just cool the cpu and maybe the video cards...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for example you can start off with a kit from petras for as little or as much as $150 - $360 but are you really going to get what you want and need ?

Well, Petra's sells the same D-Tek Fuzion Block, D5 Pumps, and Swiftech 320 Radiator that you list in your specs, so I'm not sure why you would imply that you're not going to get "what you want and need".

The part about Petra's being out of stock is fair, but I only listed that site as an example of what parts are out there to build your own kit with (as opposed to buying predesigned kits from someone like Koolance).

Or you can build it all yourself since petras rarely seems to have their kits in stock and look forward to spending anywhere from $150 to $900 depending completely upon your needs and those figures are not counting tubing and clamps and coolant/anti-fungal additives. those figures are also directly from petras store if you shop around you more may spend more or less.

He asked for a system to cool a CPU and two GPUs. I would love to see a build that would reach $900 based on that request. I think you're exaggerating heavily.

Here's what I came up with:

D-Tek Fuzion $64

Laing D5 Vario Pump $80

Swiftech MCR-320 Radiator $54

2x DangerDen Tieton Full Cover Waterblock for GTX280/260 $138 each

Swiftech Hi-Flo Resevoir $18

Total: $492

So unless tubing and hose clamps cost about $400, I just don't see where you get your figures. And with the exception of the video blocks, those are pretty much the exact same parts you're using.

If you think your system needs all those NB, SB, and MOSFET blocks, I'm not going to argue with you, but most people consider those overkill so I really wouldn't figure those into the cost of a normal WC setup.

Different reservoir, and different radiator. That's an el cheapo (but good) reservoir. Some go almost up to 100 bucks.

Btw, us 780i users NEED wcing for nb, sb, mosfets etc. We have 1 giant piece of junk cooling the 3, and the performance is horrible. Its either fans fans fans, or watercooling.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Different reservoir, and different radiator. That's an el cheapo (but good) reservoir. Some go almost up to 100 bucks.

Btw, us 780i users NEED wcing for nb, sb, mosfets etc. We have 1 giant piece of junk cooling the 3, and the performance is horrible. Its either fans fans fans, or watercooling.

You got the junk part right when talking about ***i, get an X58 with 3 way sli and be done with it..

Those weren't out when I bought my 780i. Also, when I bought my 780i, it was bundled with a Q6700 for a total of 500 dollars (at the time, Q6700 was still 550 on newegg). I got used to this board so I don't mind it too much. Real pain in the . to overclock though, separates the boys and the men (I would be the latter) :lol:.

Those weren't out when I bought my 780i. Also, when I bought my 780i, it was bundled with a Q6700 for a total of 500 dollars (at the time, Q6700 was still 550 on newegg). I got used to this board so I don't mind it too much. Real pain in the . to overclock though, separates the boys and the men (I would be the latter) :lol: .

absolutely ........ when i bought my board it was the very bleeding edge the striker II extreme hadn't even been released and the x58 was still just a sparkle in intel's eye

Edited by OCrookie

Technology moves at a fast rate, time to upgrade about every 6 months it seems... :lol:

sometimes even sooner than that.

i did not intend upset anyone i just meant to say how sometimes it can get quite costly when you have specific needs for your system and want to keep some uniformity

i also agree that Petra's kits would make excellent building blocks if they were ever in stock. which really doesn't make sense given that you can still individually purchase most all the parts that are in there kits on their website

I remember when I got my Q6700...I was so happy, and I was one of the rare people who had quads and everybody was saying "THESE THINGS ARE FUTUREPROOF!!! I won't change my cpu for a good 3 years!" Well they said that, and I ended up buying a 45 nm quad...

man i know what ya mean that was what i was thinking when i bought my striker II formula though i knew it wouldn't be long for the extreme to come out but i couldn't wait that long i just had to get this build started

btw how'd you pull off:

"JUST GOT AN EVGA GTX 280 SSC FOR 200 SHIPPED!"?

Edited by OCrookie

sometimes even sooner than that.

i did not intend upset anyone i just meant to say how sometimes it can get quite costly when you have specific needs for your system and want to keep some uniformity

i also agree that Petra's kits would make excellent building blocks if they were ever in stock. which really doesn't make sense given that you can still individually purchase most all the parts that are in there kits on their website

Petras is not the only place that sells liquid cooling componets, however I think hes the only one with kits that are decent. He sells the stuff about as quick as he can get it from what I hear, just have to keep checking back...

I found it wuite easy to make a liquid cooling system that cost $1000 plus because im buyng high quality things plus im talking about Australian dollars so 1000 aussie dollars is about 687 us dollars and i wont be paying a shop to upgrade my computer everytime its just that i havent even building computers for a year yet so i don't want to install liquid cooling myself yet, ok verran.