Another Liquid Cooling Problem I Need Help With.

Hey i was looking at getting a Cooler Master Aquagate Max Universal Liquid Cooling Kit which will only cool my cpu but i want to cool my vid cards via liquid cooling as well, so i was wondering if I bought some extra tubing and also bought 2 Koolance VID-428 as well as some Y joints to extend the Aquagate kits loop to also cool my vid cards would the pump on the Aquagate kit be strong enough to pump the liquid through the extra tubing to my vid cards and cpu? sorry in advance for asking another question.

Edited by Sworn_Vendetta

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most times its not good to get a prebuilt water cooling system. I remember I posed this question a few months back. Also if they only include the cpu block then that is what the system is designed to do. I would say no the pump is not strong enough to pump through all that nor is the radiator powerful enough to dissipate all that heat.

Hey i was looking at getting a Cooler Master Aquagate Max Universal Liquid Cooling Kit which will only cool my cpu but i want to cool my vid cards via liquid cooling as well, so i was wondering if I bought some extra tubing and also bought 2 Koolance VID-428 as well as some Y joints to extend the Aquagate kits loop to also cool my vid cards would the pump on the Aquagate kit be strong enough to pump the liquid through the extra tubing to my vid cards and cpu? sorry in advance for asking another question.

Well that system dissipates about 600 watts of heat. I think the pump push's about 450 lph so it really comes down to what your expectations are. What are you trying to cool? Just a Q6600 and a 9800 GPU? I would think you would alright as long as you don't push it to hard and If you do buy another radiator and a pump If need be. Use it as a building block to your custom system. It does look sick with that reservoir glowing.

Well that system dissipates about 600 watts of heat. I think the pump push's about 450 lph so it really comes down to what your expectations are. What are you trying to cool? Just a Q6600 and a 9800 GPU? I would think you would alright as long as you don't push it to hard and If you do buy another radiator and a pump If need be. Use it as a building block to your custom system. It does look sick with that reservoir glowing.

Hmm well thanks for the heads up. Also the fact it has a copper block and a aluminum radiator is a big no no also. But everyone has to start somewhere. Hell I only bought a swiftech block and gerry rigged the rest.

Hmm well thanks for the heads up. Also the fact it has a copper block and a aluminum radiator is a big no no also. But everyone has to start somewhere. Hell I only bought a swiftech block and gerry rigged the rest.

I agree everyone has to start somewhere, however why buy something that you are going to throw in the garbage or sell and turn around buy something that you should have got in the first place...

I agree everyone has to start somewhere, however why buy something that you are going to throw in the garbage or sell and turn around buy something that you should have got in the first place...

True If you have the money I would stay away from kits altogether and just do your homework and buy what parts you want. Roadrunner was right to stay away from premade kits. Althought I heard that pertra's tech shop has some nice ones.

Don't buy junk just to "get started". Buy parts you will want to keep when you get your whole system perfect. Start with just a good pump, good rad and a good CPU block. Leave the graphics cards on air until you can afford to buy water blocks. Seriously, if you buy junk, you get junk. No amount of modding will make it not junk.

What you should do is go to Petra's Watercooling Section and see what they have there. Those kits have quality parts you will want to keep.

Ty the only reason i wanted to get a pre-made kit thing was becuae it was cheaper and because i don't trust myself with my computer install the liquid cooling myself i was going to take it to a shop and pay for it to get installed (I've never built my own computer but I know a fair bit about it, so i don't think its a good idea for me to install the liquid cooling) anyways the liquid cooling stf that i wanted ot get was going to cost me well over $1K and i dont have that kind of money and i didnt want to pay twice to get it installed. What i think ill do though is make one loop for my cpu and buy that first then sav up some more money again and make another loop for my gpu's. It will take me alot longer but like most of you said its better to buy the stuff that ill want to keep for a long time straight away instead of wasting money on stuff that i don't realy need and will end up throwing out. TY once again for the help.

First of all, if you can't do the water install yourself, DON'T buy it. Do you really want to pay to have a shop take it apart every time you change anything in your case? That's crazy. Watercooling is not THAT good. It is not worth thousands of dollars in parts and labor. We're talking about a few degrees cooler than air. Seriously, DON'T have a shop install it. If you can't do it yourself, stick to good air coolers which are pretty much just as good.

Next, there's no reason why you can't install the water yourself. You put it together outside the case and run it for a day or two to test for leaks. Then you put it in the case without the other hardware and test for leaks some more. If all that goes well, you put your hardware in with it and you're all set. It is really not that hard.

Third, I don't know what you're planning to buy that's going to cost $1,000, but you're paying WAY too much. Again, watercooling is NOT that good. It is NOT worth that price. Besides, if you design your own system with parts from a place like Petra's (linked above), you can cool your whole system the way you want for under half that. Just because other kits cost more does NOT mean they perform better. Keep that in mind.

In summary: DON'T pay to have watercooling installed at a shop. DON'T spend anywhere near $1,000 on watercooling parts.

First of all, if you can't do the water install yourself, DON'T buy it. Do you really want to pay to have a shop take it apart every time you change anything in your case? That's crazy. Watercooling is not THAT good. It is not worth thousands of dollars in parts and labor. We're talking about a few degrees cooler than air. Seriously, DON'T have a shop install it. If you can't do it yourself, stick to good air coolers which are pretty much just as good.

Next, there's no reason why you can't install the water yourself. You put it together outside the case and run it for a day or two to test for leaks. Then you put it in the case without the other hardware and test for leaks some more. If all that goes well, you put your hardware in with it and you're all set. It is really not that hard.

Third, I don't know what you're planning to buy that's going to cost $1,000, but you're paying WAY too much. Again, watercooling is NOT that good. It is NOT worth that price. Besides, if you design your own system with parts from a place like Petra's (linked above), you can cool your whole system the way you want for under half that. Just because other kits cost more does NOT mean they perform better. Keep that in mind.

In summary: DON'T pay to have watercooling installed at a shop. DON'T spend anywhere near $1,000 on watercooling parts.

sorry verran but i respectfully disagree because depending on your setup air may not provide sufficient cooling, and then there is the quiet aspect those stock heat sink on the high end vid cards can get quite loud, and when you put the video card on water your temps get cut in half and temperature increase under load are much more subtle.

now for the cost. $1,000 can happen rather easily. for example you can start off with a kit from petras for as little or as much as $150 - $360 but are you really going to get what you want and need ?

Or you can build it all yourself since petras rarely seems to have their kits in stock and look forward to spending anywhere from $150 to $900 depending completely upon your needs and those figures are not counting tubing and clamps and coolant/anti-fungal additives. those figures are also directly from petras store if you shop around you more may spend more or less.

my system for example is in the neighborhood of $700-$800 with the highest quality parts i could get such as the D5 pump, swiftek 320 rad, d-tek fuzion v2, ek blocks for the NB, SB, v-reg mosfets, and full cover ek blocks for my three gtx 260's. and yes it was nessacerry for me to put water on the chipset since i have yet to find an air cooler for the southbridge since there are two chips on my boards at the southbridge and the stock solution wasn't able to cope with a heavily overclocked system and with three way sli space is at a minimum. now i didn't spend that much all at once. i have bought the blocks i needed here and there when i could afford to do so.

so sometimes you do have to spend a lot to get what you really want and need.