Q6600 And Cooling Issues

MrNiszl

I can only get a measly 3.4ghz @ 1.5v on my q6600! *sobs*

Anyway, good job! :thumbs-up:

same here...but i feel better about it at 3.2/1600fsb i've finally managed to get it to hold firm at 3.4 but it feels hot and frantic.....!!...this is from yesterday in another thread... :blink:

i found the problem. i had the fan on the cpu cooler mounted wrong. I now have it at 3.8Ghz and it idles at 38 and loads at 57 :P now i just wan2 get it to 4Ghz. i have it set at 1.56v. How high should i go with voltages before it gets too dangerous?

Those seem awful low for that vcore and frequency. What are your room temps? :blink:

I got a Q6600 recently and I hope to overclock it to at least 3.4 or something around there. I got it to 3.0 on stock voltages but it overheats after 1 minute of OCCT stock cooling <_<. I put in an aftermarket for a sweet deal of $20 on Newegg and now I can run 4 F@H cores with a max of 45c! :)

What's unusual is the core 3 runs at 39c while all the others are in the 42-44 range. In hyper-pi, core 3 runs the slowest , core 2 being fastest. I got a bad core 3 maybe? :P

Yes, he got it running, but is it STABLE? Download OCCT and run it for 2 hours and tell post some pics.

occt will make things clearer.....!!