My New Q9450

Onion

It's damn fast. My Q6700 took a good 6 or 7 seconds more for the wprime. I also have new ram in my pc but I am running it the same speed as the old ram for comparison. Here's some pics.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the max safe voltage for this chip? Also, mine is a C1 stepping, is that bad, or is that good? I noticed that when I tried to give it 3.6 at 1.4 volts it just rebooted to the original settings so I pushed it back down to 3.2 thinking it was a stepping problem.

This thing doesnt even boot 3.8 with freaking 1.5 vcore...what the heck is this! I tried 3.7 with 1.51 but then I started having issues with my new hard drive so I reset my cpu to the trusty 3.2 to try and fix it. Second hard drive still doesnt work but at least I can boot from my first one.

Also, will someone tell me what the max safe vcore is???

This thing doesnt even boot 3.8 with freaking 1.5 vcore...what the heck is this! I tried 3.7 with 1.51 but then I started having issues with my new hard drive so I reset my cpu to the trusty 3.2 to try and fix it. Second hard drive still doesnt work but at least I can boot from my first one.

Also, will someone tell me what the max safe vcore is???

I think it is on the box it came in, however I have heard anything over 1.45 for 24/7 kills the yorkfields...

Don't have the box, bought it off someone on here. 1.4 for 24/7 should be fine right?

If you have adequate cooling I would say so, some people are scared to go over 1.35. I ran one at 1.45 real volts 1.5 in bios and it went to hell in a bucket in about 6 months...

What cooling? All this stuff is scaring me... I'm running a cpu only loop, getting mid 40's temps with medium load.

Edited by l33t p1mp

What cooling? All this stuff is scaring me... I'm running a cpu only loop, getting mid 40's temps with medium load.

Its in my sig, Laing DDC 3.2 w/Petra's Top, Swiftech MCR320-QP, D-TEK FuZion cpu only loop. The voltage got it, I took it up high for forum wars 2007 winter several times benching. I barely made 1 set of benches in the symmer 2008 and it was dieing then died...

Aw. Did you have a mini funeral for it and buried it in the back yard? :lol:

Gotta watch the voltage I guess...maybe I'll keep it for my htpc and use my more resilient Q6700 for the benching.