E7300 Temp Sensor Stuck?

I just built a rig for a mate, hardware is the following:

E7300 @ Xigmatek HDT-S1283

MSI P45 Neo3-FR

4GB A-Data Vitesta

Gigabzte GTX260 Core216

OCZ StealthXStream 500W

400GB Samsung and 250GB WD drives and 2 dvd drives

When I fire up CoreTemp / RealTemp / HWMonitor / anything, I get 38C as the temps, no matter what clock speed, idle or load, or what voltage. You other guys with an E7300 (Smith, Philbrown etc...), have you seen anything like that? Anyone know if the temp sensor can be sort of stimulated in a way, like dead pixels on a screen?

MSI P45 Neo3-FR

4GB A-Data Vitesta

Gigabzte GTX260 Core216

OCZ StealthXStream 500W

When I fire up CoreTemp / RealTemp / HWMonitor / anything, I get 38C as the temps, no matter what clock speed, idle or load, or what voltage. You other guys with an E7300 (Smith, Philbrown etc...), have you seen anything like that? Anyone know if the temp sensor can be sort of stimulated in a way, like dead pixels on a screen?

Dude, I got the same exact problem, mine reads 57 degrees on CoreTemp doesn't change, RealTemp says 52 Degrees and doesn't change either.

I hope someone knows something about this.

:lol:

I also got something like that. However it affected only one core, and it was stuck @ 34C. The other one was fine, however. I thought it was stuck/broken, until I saw it beginning to vary again, using OCCT monitoring. So all in all I did not bother with that.

And BTW, my E7300 is sold. Now I'm back to 65nm, with my E6750.

So yeah try OCCT to see what it will give you.

:lol:

I also got something like that. However it affected only one core, and it was stuck @ 34C. The other one was fine, however. I thought it was stuck/broken, until I saw it beginning to vary again, using OCCT monitoring. So all in all I did not bother with that.

And BTW, my E7300 is sold. Now I'm back to 65nm, with my E6750.

So yeah try OCCT to see what it will give you.

Where can I find that?

MSI P45 Neo3-FR

4GB A-Data Vitesta

Gigabzte GTX260 Core216

OCZ StealthXStream 500W

The only thing you can do is RMA the processor, when the E8400s came out they had that same problem, a lot of people RMAed the processors.

The only thing you can do is RMA the processor, when the E8400s came out they had that same problem, a lot of people RMAed the processors.

If I would do that(since I have the same problem) what would I tell newegg as the problem?

Wait, so there's nothing really that we can do about it? When you speak of calibrating RealTemp, will that change anything about the situation?

I don't think so unfortunately :( Maybe after some time it will come back like mine did?

Good luck :)