Omg! Please Help! Im Confused!

abid

whats the best thermal paste on the market now!? i read few reviews but it messed up u know like someone said MX-2 is better, then someone said Tuniq Tx2 is better, then zalman stg1 is better... so im so confused.. which one is the best? i think the tuniq tx2 is great. but whats your opinion?

Edited by abid

There are a number of very good thermal compound on the market today. BenchmarkReviews.com did a very great review of them back in March of this year.

33-Way Thermal Interface Material Comparison

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?opti...8&Itemid=62

Find the one that works for you and is easy to find online at a good price. I used to use ArticSilver products but have since then moved on to OCZ Freeze thermal compound, which works great for me.

But the choice is yours. :thumbs-up:

so arctic silver 5 is better then Tuniq TX2?

Yes, according to most benchmarks.

There is very little difference between all the quality thermal compounds, a few degrees either way, so read a few reviews and go for one to suit your pocket.

Cheers

Paul

Have a look at these two:

Arctic Silver 5.

AS5 FTW! I use it and I luv it. :wub: Keeps everything nice and chilly. So naturally every heat sink in my case has been lapped and had this applied, even the SB. :D

As for applying it I just smear on a very thin layer right on the chip, like start with a drop half the size of a bb. Some others may have different methods, not saying those are wrong, but this is what works for me. Just remember it may take a couple tries to get the right amount of it on. Too muck and it'll be cool but no by that much. Too little and it'll be way hot under load and take longer to come down in temp. Also keep in mind that it takes a couple weeks for it to break in (like all thermal compound). Best of luck. :thumbs-up:

Edited by ocmooz

A heads up "abid" lapping anything voids your warranty. So if you do it, it comes at a risk.

Lapping = sanding down the outer plate (4got what it's called) until its flat, not neccessarily shiny but most time it is shiny at the end.

Edited by Krazyxazn