Stupid Firefox...

Andrewr05

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid Firefox...It lost my bookmarks when I (re)-updated to 3.0.

I had originally updated to FF3 right when it was released but I didn't like it after about a week so I uninstalled it and reverted back to 2.(whatever)...

I lost my bookmarks then but I had a backup from late last year that I used (it had pretty much nothing of interest any more), so I had to build it up from scratch again...

Now I %#$%^#W^#$ reinstall FF3 and it reverts to a laden bookmark file it must have found from before I uninstalled it, completely wiping my god damn bookmarks again!!!

@#%&ing Firefox! *ARGHH*

Yes, stupid Firefox.

Firefox, while a decent browser, can be a MAJOR pain. Google database is full of citations with people moaning about losing their favorites (among other things) thanks to Firefox. To help ward off any future episodes involving pain and misery, repeat after me:

All browswers suck.

All browswers suck.

All browswers suck.

All browswers suck.

And they do.

Because none of them is a world beater, not one.

A wise man once convinced me that all browsers suck. That's why I use 3 of them. I keep all 3 minimized, ready for action, 24/7.

I never rely on one browser, ever. If one website runs slow while using Firefox, I'll switch over to browser #1 or browser #2. Sometimes that can make all the difference in the world. And I keep all of the bookmarks updated, uniform.

Edited by Peter Eats

Yes, stupid Firefox.

Firefox, while a decent browser, can be a MAJOR pain. Google database is full of citations with people moaning about losing their favorites (among other things) thanks to Firefox. To help ward off any future episodes involving pain and misery, repeat after me:

All browswers suck.

All browswers suck.

All browswers suck.

All browswers suck.

And they do.

Because none of them is a world beater, not one.

A wise man once convinced me that all browsers suck. That's why I use 3 of them. I keep all 3 minimized, ready for action, 24/7.

I never rely on one browser, ever. If one website runs slow while using Firefox, I'll switch over to browser #1 or browser #2. Sometimes that can make all the difference in the world. And I keep all of the bookmarks updated, uniform.

Take a few programming classes and make your own browser then. :D:lol:

no way... you have to look at your folder (lazy to look up it for you... but you should know where)... there might be specific files/folder for your FF3...

sorry i am not ff3 expert... i know lots about IE7...

i also wonder what about system restore? it might be recover your bookmark then save your bookmark then re-install it...

Thanks!

;)

That worked perfectly, I feel like a n00b as I probably should have just Googled it though... :blush:

The issue has been resolved.

consider it a fresh start to find new bookmarks.

fail

no way... you have to look at your folder (lazy to look up it for you... but you should know where)... there might be specific files/folder for your FF3...

sorry i am not ff3 expert... i know lots about IE7...

i also wonder what about system restore? it might be recover your bookmark then save your bookmark then re-install it...

fail