Bailout For American Car Companies

Queenz

American Automotive's BAILOUT!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should be bailed out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Hell no, they don't deserve a bailout
    • No, cause I hate American cars
    • No, cause they got themselves into this position
    • Hell to the freaking no! Why should I have to pay for their mistakes
    • Foreign cars FTMFW!! boooo down with American Automotive's
    • NOO!! We got our economy to worry about more than some stupid car companies

although I regret straying from the original point of this thread, there's nothing that sends more chills up my spine than the sound of an old school muscle car!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...why did you vote when you aren't an American citizen?

Because this affects me just as much as it does you. Not only that but the Canadian Gov is also being lobbied for a bailout.

A hell of a lot. Most European diesels are designed to give a shed-load of low-end torque to make them more useful. My 1.8 TDCi Focus diesel has 300Nm (221 lb/ft) of torque, which with a remap of the ECU, will turn out 400Nm (295 lb/ft) ;) From a 1.8 litre engine with NO physical upgrades.

Wow! I'd love to have a Focus diesel! There's a domestic that will do 65mpg no?

Yeah, I've heard many Nismo exhausts. They sound ok, it's nothing that gets me riled up though. Just sounds like a canny choked v6. And yes, I've heard quite a few GTR's(I live in CA close to the laguna). I've seen and heard so many g35's and 37s's drive around like idiots, and their exhaust is just not very impressive. You should almost always hear the exhaust over then engine, I've been in only a couple performance cars where it wasn't that way. Most cars with F/I, specifically supercharged cars have the very loud whine depending on how much boost they are running, but generally you can their exhaust will drown it out somewhat. Engines don't make a ton of noise usually, intake filters and exhaust is what makes the noise. Older cars have noise from the belts and supercharger or BOV, but most of your noise will always come from exhaust. If you think the GTR or g3x is loud though, you need to go to a classic car, mustang, corvette, mopar show, they'll blow your ears off. Hear an old big block with no cats and straight pipes an a huge lope, one of the best sounds ever created. If it's all about loudness for you, then imagine sitting next to one of these, you could rev all you want, and these cars would drown out your exhaust AT IDLE.

:withstupid:

Here's my car: http://people.clemson.edu/~dbonnie/exhaust2.wav

Still my favorite car of all time:

That's a damn old, damn ugly, and damn slow Lumina. :lol: At least it sounds halfway decent though (and it holds my stereo).

I absolutely love supercharger whine though...there's nothing better than the whine and roar of a supercharged big block at WOT. :D

You can't get a sound like

from a small 6 cylinder. :D

We're seriously arguing about exhausts sounding better than engines? You have to be seriously deluded to think the exhaust of any car sounds better than a growling engine. Engine sounds are nice, exhausts are annoying.

We're seriously arguing about exhausts sounding better than engines? You have to be seriously deluded to think the exhaust of any car sounds better than a growling engine. Engine sounds are nice, exhausts are annoying.

I never said that, I'm just saying I'd take a nice exhaust over a loud engine. I like V8's and been in a ton of cars with V8's, and know how they sound. But even though having good sound is cool, all I care about is performance. Trust me I'm the last person to want an exhaust that sounds like a freaking lawn mower. Cough*Ricers*Cough

One thing I can't stand are the Civic's, STI's,etc, etc, and other ricers that put exhausts that are so loud on their setup that the freaking ground rumbles, and all you smell is freaking smoke. That crap comes into my cabin and it stinks like hell! I don't get how you can drive with something annoying like that.

There's no such thing a "nice exhaust," there are only tolerable exhausts. In all my life I have never heard of an exhaust that I enjoyed hearing, only engines. The best kind of exhaust is the one nobody can hear.

There's no such thing a "nice exhaust," there are only tolerable exhausts. In all my life I have never heard of an exhaust that I enjoyed hearing, only engines. The best kind of exhaust is the one nobody can hear.

Why does the sound of an engine matter? Sure a great sounding engine is nice, but when it comes down to it performance is what really matters.

And like I said, I hate loud exhausts and their just about as annoying to me as they probably are to you. It's the same with loud music in a car, why the hell would people want a sound system that makes the glass rattle like hell, along with the ground. It's annoying, and all it does is bring unwanted attention to yourself.