Really Skinny/low Profile Vid Card Mem Ht Snks?

clay31

im currentaly thinking about bying a zalman noiseless videocard cooler and if youve seen these thing thier BIG and they dont leave much room for installing memory heat sinks.my question is dose any one know of any online stores that carry very small/thin memory heatsinks for video cards? i was thinking about something like is on the saphire 9800 pro ultimate 256.

p.s. i got a 9800 pro

thanks

errr... i think i posted this in the rong forum,if so please remove this thread.

ill go post in the cooling section.

Edited by clay31

i just orderd a zalman noisless heat sink for my 9800 pro video card and if any of u have ever seen these thing thier Big and they dont leave much room for memory heat sinks.my question is dose any one know of any heat sinks small enouph tp fit under the zalman heat sink? i was thinking about some thin like the mem heat sinks on the saphire 9800 pro ultimate 256.thier really low profile only about the size of 2 pennys stacked ontop of eachother.if any one knows of were to buy these i would be really greatfull.

thnks

If you found a way to make the copper from the ramsinks extend all the way to the heatsink of the zalman, you might be able to get some extra cooling out of it. Granted, you'll have horrible heat transfer between the two, but it may still improve performance.

And Ziggy, those were exactly what I was looking for ;)

thanks for your replys guys.(ravix) i was thinking about that,if i had extra money to buy another zalman i would try to weld ram sdinks right to the zalman sink.i think that would provide good heet transfer or it might backfire and transfer heet "TO" the ram sinks.any who i aint got the money so ill have keep searching for my tiny mem sinks. i was thinking about buying the system ram sinks and cutting to fit but i think i will wait and see if i can find any made specifically for a vid card.

thanks fore info guys

I use OCZ BGA Ramsinks on my 9800 non-pro and they work fine. They are not too tall either. I know they would fit on the front-side of your card with no problems, but I am not sure about the backside of the card. The Ramsinks are available in either aluminum or copper.

Oh yeah, whatever Ramsinks you choose you can always use a metal file to grind/shorten the length of the ramsinks. Just a helpful tip.

Edited by lilkev715

(Special_K) i was looking at the picures of this product online and the sink dosnt touch the mem :( i thought so to until i found a web site with a picture of a closer look.

Edited by clay31