The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

This is smart, I might just buy this for my car.

Kinchrome set the one in the pic is the best value I find. True you can get stuff like snap-on but this . gets damaged an worn and it's only $30 to replace the set.

@onion and waco

And neither of you are ever pulling trim or door off my car then :P

Edited by Stonerboy779

I pulled all my dash trim to take out the stock bottom half of the stereo and the aftermarket head to put a new one in, and everything went just dandy. Four layers of rag prevented any damage.

I pulled all my dash trim to take out the stock bottom half of the stereo and the aftermarket head to put a new one in, and everything went just dandy. Four layers of rag prevented any damage.

4 layers of rag makes it a pain in the butt :lol:

Even if you spent 50cents a bought a plastic paint scraper your gob would be much easier.

Even if you spent 50cents a bought a plastic paint scraper your gob would be much easier.

Or just use your fingers and accept that it'll hurt. :lol:

Or just use your fingers and accept that it'll hurt. :lol:

It doesn't even hurt that much. If you've got a decent sized set of plums like Waco and myself thanks to the plum enhancement pills, then you don't need to drop thirty bucks on dash removal tools.

It doesn't even hurt that much.

You've clearly never worked on a car with razor-sharp trim panels. I have the scars to show I have. :lol:

You've clearly never worked on a car with razor-sharp trim panels. I have the scars to show I have. :lol:

whats worse is the unrolled rough cut metal i mean sure the trims rip your hands to pieces all the time but my god some of the damage the metal structural pieces have done to me sucks.

And Onion trust me you try and do it to earn money and very quickly you will want these tools. It makes jobs so much quicker and so much easier.