Doing A Custom Kit Is These Good Parts?

rud3bwoy

No do this one (better performance):

CPU WATERBLOCK: D-TEK FuZion v2 Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2" $65

RADIATOR: Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator - Black $52

PUMP: Laing D5 Basic/Swiftech MCP655-B Inline 12V DC Pump $75

TUBING: Tygon R3603 7/16in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing $20 ($2 a foot)

FILLPORT RESEVOIR: Danger Den Acetal FillPort $12

T-FITTING: Black Nylon 1/2in. Barbed Equal Tee Fitting $1.35

BIOCIDE: Petra'sTech PT_Nuke Concentrated Biocide (10mL) $2.50

RADIATOR MOUNT: Swiftech MCB-120 "Radbox" Radiator/Fan Housing $18

All of that above and your pretty much good to go. The reason the tubing is $20 is cause you should atleast get 10 feet of tubing just to be safe incase you need extra and the tubing cost about $2 a foot making it $20 in total. As for the coolant mix the PT Nuke(Biocide) and distilled water. Stay away from coolant. They are only needed if you have mixed metals in your loop like copper and aluminum. Most coolants but if not all leave a crappy sludge in the loop sometimes and it's a pain in the azz to fool with. And don't get a resevoir, get a fillport instead. If you want an idea of how it will look take a look at my setup here:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...owtopic=158233#

those pumps you listed the danger den CPX pumps are VERY unreliable they have almost a 50% falilure rate :O I'd go with the laing D5 or DDC. alos that rad is not very good, I bought one a long time ago and the performace is not worth the price, maybe go for a swiftech mcr 240/360

No do this one (better performance):

CPU WATERBLOCK: D-TEK FuZion v2 Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2" $65

RADIATOR: Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator - Black $52

PUMP: Laing D5 Basic/Swiftech MCP655-B Inline 12V DC Pump $75

TUBING: Tygon R3603 7/16in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing $20 ($2 a foot)

FILLPORT RESEVOIR: Danger Den Acetal FillPort $12

T-FITTING: Black Nylon 1/2in. Barbed Equal Tee Fitting $1.35

BIOCIDE: Petra'sTech PT_Nuke Concentrated Biocide (10mL) $2.50

RADIATOR MOUNT: Swiftech MCB-120 "Radbox" Radiator/Fan Housing $18

All of that above and your pretty much good to go. The reason the tubing is $20 is cause you should atleast get 10 feet of tubing just to be safe incase you need extra and the tubing cost about $2 a foot making it $20 in total. As for the coolant mix the PT Nuke(Biocide) and distilled water. Stay away from coolant. They are only needed if you have mixed metals in your loop like copper and aluminum. Most coolants but if not all leave a crappy sludge in the loop sometimes and it's a pain in the azz to fool with. And don't get a resevoir, get a fillport instead. If you want an idea of how it will look take a look at my setup here:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...owtopic=158233#

Thats funny cause i ordered all that stuff like 2 weeks ago :P

Just put it this way, if you plan on cheaping out on very good watercooling setup parts you might as not do one at all, and just stick with high end air. People who want a pretty watercooling setup and all those nice sludgy UV reactive coolants, colored radiators and what not are really the noobs. If your real serious about watercooling you go for the the high end parts and choose each wisely. Some cheapo watercooling kit or seperate cheap parts will just be providing you the same results that high end air would or maybe even worse. Remember while coolants may look nice and everything they don't transfer heat as good as plain old distilled water would. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many different types of coolant I have tried and they all leave a mess, stain the tubing, and have poor heat transfer when tested up against water.

Since you got a quad I recommend you get a quad nozzle kit for the D-Tek FuZion waterblock.

so what i listed was bad?

anyway i have a guy from youtube tjharlow does amazing work going to set it up and that is what he told me to go with,also doing a custom side panel for my antec 1200 along with it,and he is lapping my cpu

so what i listed was bad?

not necisarrily(doesn't know how to spell that word)

but it'd be better to order what queenz said

also you do know the guy from youtube right?

yea he lives in long island new york,going to pay him to do everything,i love his custom work/wire management,so def can not wait to let him put everything together for me

i have been checking out his video for a long time now.

yea he lives in long island new york,going to pay him to do everything,i love his custom work/wire management,so def can not wait to let him put everything together for me

i have been checking out his video for a long time now.

Ok listen to him then... Just be warned the the radiator he picked is restrictive compared to the swiftech radiator. I wouldn't ever use feser coolant either.

The one I picked is a bit less flow restrictive than the GT 240

Anyways you can do what you want, don't listen to what I told you.........

Ok can I ask something? You asked us if the parts were any good, we then tell you no and you still do it. I don't get what's the point in even recommending stuff anymore if no one even takes anything into consideration. To me it looks like he knows nothing about stuff being restrictive, flow rates, and PSI.

Ok can I ask something? You asked us if the parts were any good, we then tell you no and you still do it. I don't get what's the point in even recommending stuff anymore if no one even takes anything into consideration. To me it looks like he knows nothing about stuff being restrictive, flow rates, and PSI.

Don't worry Queenz :P When I get enough money in my bank I was gonna come to you to ask about what would be the best water cooling setup with some pretty UV green tubing. See ^.^ I was listening to you! xD