Anyone Use Prometia Cooling ?

cwalker2734

I have a Koolance watercooled case whic is basically an Antec 1030 modded.

I am wondering if anyone has bought a Prometia add-on bundle and modded it to their existing case. If so, are you happy with it, and did it mount nicely with your existing case, and what case do you have ?

As many of you know, with watercooling the best you can do is room temperature, I dont OC heavily but like many of you want it as cold as possible !

Any input would be appreciated.

AMD 3000XP

2.0 GB Dual Channel PC3500 HyperX

GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256

Gigabyte GA-7n400-L1

SB Audigy 2

2x80Gig WD HD on RAID 0

52x CD/RW

16x DVD

Koolance watercooled case with painting from Metallica's artist

Klipsch 4.1 THX ProMedia

Nokia 445Pro 21" CRT

Edited by cwalker2734

Well for the money you'll have to spend on a prommie, you better OC a lot, unless you have a ton of dough burning holes in your pocket. Prometeia are for the maniac oc'er, never enough, faster, higher. Let's face it, minus 22 on the cpu and a good 3 to 5 mins before start up you have to want it really fast or else stick to WC. :D

Edited by kobalt

I have a Nventiv MachII prommie cooler modded with r404a gas. The guy ^^ above me said it right...you don't need a prommie unless you wanna OC to the max. I'm using mine on my 3.2EE @ 4.23 and keeping the temps at -42C under full load, but it takes up to 120secs for my system to come on. It also generates alot of heat and costs quite a bit more to run than a normal system, my lights dim in my house when it starts up. I would only get a prommie if you gonna be building a all-out OC'ing and benching machine, if your not gonna do those things, then your just wasting close to $1000 bucks for a "cool" case.

LOL! your lights dim?
Thats what he said....

I think a prommie is a really cool idea that is basically beyond the reach of most people. Can you tell us how loud the prommie is, Nuclear?

*imagines the l33tness of seeing-42c on mbm and knowing it wasn't a glitch*

Edited by ravix

I have a Nventiv MachII prommie cooler modded with r404a gas. The guy ^^ above me said it right...you don't need a prommie unless you wanna OC to the max. I'm using mine on my 3.2EE @ 4.23 and keeping the temps at -42C under full load, but it takes up to 120secs for my system to come on. It also generates alot of heat and costs quite a bit more to run than a normal system, my lights dim in my house when it starts up. I would only get a prommie if you gonna be building a all-out OC'ing and benching machine, if your not gonna do those things, then your just wasting close to $1000 bucks for a "cool" case.

Speaking of your EE...

How high have u gotten the FSB on that thing...

WHen are we gonna get Some pics of some marks :)

I think a prommie is a really cool idea that is basically beyond the reach of most people. Can you tell us how loud the prommie is, Nuclear?

The unit itself is not very noisy once it gets going, but for those 60-120secs it's cooling down it can be annoying. It kinda sounds like your refrigerator when it starts up, but it then quiets right down. It does generate alot of heat in my room too. With the prommie, H2O rig, my reg rig, and 2 servers running...it has gotten up to 94F in my room before. I love it and I wouldn't have anything else, but like everything else it does have it's downsides.

Speaking of your EE...

How high have u gotten the FSB on that thing...

WHen are we gonna get Some pics of some marks

Soon, very soon it will all be released. I've gotten the 3.2 up to 4.4GHz Prime95 stable with some effort and a 1.65 vcore. I've ordered another 9800XT for this rig, since the Sapphire 9800XT is in my 2.8 H2O rig. Mushkin Black Lvl II PC3500 should be here tomorrow, since this Kingston HyperX I've got is pure crap and is giving me some trouble above a 255FSB. I've got 5 new 74GB WD Raptors on the way for all my comps. Once all my new stuff gets here and I get a day to put it in...I'm gonna start back benching all the rigs. As soon as I do I'll let you guys know, I promise you guys will be the first to know how its all doing.