Windows 7 Review (pc Advisor)

paulktreg

Thanks Paul. I noticed a few articles yesterday on "W7", but they were not much more than announcements. This article is considerably more thorough. While reading thru all twelve pages, in the back of my mind was the question, "What kind of system requirements will I need?" They answered that one on page twelve naturally. It looks as though Microsoft has been doing their homework. They are actually implementing all the right features and improvements that were such headaches with their "problem child" Vista. It looks like the footprint for the OS will be perhaps 20 to 30 percent smaller than Vista, which will give us 2gig-Ram users some room to play games without having to fork out cash for more ram, at least for the time being.

Edited by Kwok

Sounds like they did a few good things. Problem is I've already switched over to debian for my main OS (dual boot with xp). The only reason I'll upgrade from XP is if there are games that I want to play that need W7. I'm currently using xp for gaming and that's it.

Sounds like they did a few good things. Problem is I've already switched over to debian for my main OS (dual boot with xp). The only reason I'll upgrade from XP is if there are games that I want to play that need W7. I'm currently using xp for gaming and that's it.

damn so its real huh.... yayi have to tell stinkie he was right.

thanks for posting this :) its nice too know that us xp users might have a "real" os upgrade at some point, lets face it vista was made by apple so they could talk crap about windows LOL